+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi every one ! I have sponsored my husband and kids they did their medical first week of January unfortunately my husband’s chest X-ray was not clear they ask my husband to come three days for some test he did that too , now I am worried about him what will happen will it delay the case process can any body guide me if some body has information about this , my kids medical is clear will they get ppr together or cic will finalize the case with medical pass of each member kindly clear my confusion
Normally the results take time to be checked by the officer case so no need to be worried as the difference between them only three days

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
I’m still waiting too. I guess holidays make this delay. We have nothing to do except waiting. Any way hope we both hear good news this month :)
Hi YoYo

It looks like it will take more time for yours and my family the PPR as it is almost one month for me and more than 7 weeks for you , I dont what going in VO so the PPR delay.

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hello guys,
I applied for PR in June 2019 and processing started in Nov 2019. I got married later in December 2019 abroad, and informed the IRCC through Web Form. IRCC emailed me and said they have informed the CPC about my marital status change and that CPC will contact me. But it has been a month that i did not receive any mail or email from them. Anyone has similar situation? Can anyone please tell me how does it work if you get married after you submit your application? Thanks.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi YoYo

It looks like it will take more time for yours and my family the PPR as it is almost one month for me and more than 7 weeks for you , I dont what going in VO so the PPR delay.
Hey Safer, I received email from VO for interview call by the end of this month. All passed since 12 December so nothing is pending but I guess the case officer still need to ask some questions and I’m ok with that as long as the dm will not taking more time o_O . Hope you receive good news soon :)

Reactions: Safar@2016

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Hi
I got AIP on 25th October and asked to send documents of overseas family .
-Documents sent on 9th November to London office received on 13 November 2019

On 05th December 2019 got e mail from London office for the finger print and extra forms and documents.

-Documents sent to London office and they received it 14th of December 2019.

Now it’ has been round about 40 days and did not hear anything .

Just want some information .

1-Did they start back ground check , security or criminality??
2- will they ask any more documents ??
3- can I get back some form due to mistake or that’d are ok ??
4- when normally they ask for the medical ?

I got my DM on 15th January 2020 and has interview on 10 February.

I know average process time is 4-8 month but just want satisfaction that am on right track of overseas family .
Thanks

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi
I got AIP on 25th October and asked to send documents of overseas family .
-Documents sent on 9th November to London office received on 13 November 2019

On 05th December 2019 got e mail from London office for the finger print and extra forms and documents.

-Documents sent to London office and they received it 14th of December 2019.

Now it’ has been round about 40 days and did not hear anything .

Just want some information .

1-Did they start back ground check , security or criminality??
2- will they ask any more documents ??
3- can I get back some form due to mistake or that’d are ok ??
4- when normally they ask for the medical ?

I got my DM on 15th January 2020 and has interview on 10 February.

I know average process time is 4-8 month but just want satisfaction that am on right track of overseas family .
Thanks
It’s looks your family application progress going well.
Usually VO start with eligibility then they’ll do the rest ,some VOs do eligibility and criminality in same time then security and after finalize it they ask for medical examination. I think If everything are good you can expect receiving pre arrival services letter by February or March which give you indication of eligibility passed . My advice if you don’t receive any feedback from VO after two months from receiving pre arrival services letter, order CBSA note just to know about security check progress. Good luck and hope you hear good news soon :)

Last edited:

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
It’s look your application progress going well.
Usually VO start with eligibility then they’ll do the rest ,some VOs do eligibility and criminality in same time then security and after finalize it they ask for medical examination. I think If everything are good you can expect receiving pre arrival services letter by February or March which give you indication of eligibility passed . My advice if you don’t receive any feedback from VO after two months from receiving pre arrival services letter, order CBSA note just to know about security check progress. Good luck and hope you hear good news soon :)
Thanks

nryrdgn

Jul 21, 2018
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 6, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on February 15, 2019.
  3. We sent you correspondence on October 16, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on November 13, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on November 13, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
    I gave biometrics last year in December 12, 2018, and got pre arrival services letter in 19th of December 2019. Nothing else. VO Vienna. I don’t have a valid passport. So there will be no request for the passport. I don’t know how long will it take, it’s been almost 20 months now. Do you guys have any idea about the processing times after Pre Arrival letter? So far they’ve requested police certificates from two different counties that I’ve been to and also the court certification, and 4 photographs for PR with the stamp of the photo studio.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 6, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on February 15, 2019.
  3. We sent you correspondence on October 16, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on November 13, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on November 13, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
    I gave biometrics last year in December 12, 2018, and got pre arrival services letter in 19th of December 2019. Nothing else. VO Vienna. I don’t have a valid passport. So there will be no request for the passport. I don’t know how long will it take, it’s been almost 20 months now. Do you guys have any idea about the processing times after Pre Arrival letter? So far they’ve requested police certificates from two different counties that I’ve been to and also the court certification, and 4 photographs for PR with the stamp of the photo studio.
The average time line between 4-8 months after receiving the documents by VO. I can see that your case is going well as you already received medical check request and pre arrival services letter( it’s mean eligibility passed) . You can call IRCC to check the status of criminality and security check or wait to 19 February ( two months after receiving pre arrival services letter) if no feedback from VO you can order CBSA just to know about security check status. Good luck and hopefully you hear good news soon :)

nryrdgn

Jul 21, 2018
The average time line between 4-8 months after receiving the documents by VO. I can see that your case is going well as you already received medical check request and pre arrival services letter( it’s mean eligibility passed) . You can call IRCC to check the status of criminality and security check or wait to 19 February ( two months after receiving pre arrival services letter) if no feedback from VO you can order CBSA just to know about security check status. Good luck and hopefully you hear good news soon :)
Thank you for your response to my message How can I order CBSA? My husband called the IRCC last Friday but they said they couldn’t do anything all we need to do is wait.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Thank you for your response to my message How can I order CBSA? My husband called the IRCC last Friday but they said they couldn’t do anything all we need to do is wait.
I meant by calling IRCC just to checking the status of criminality and security only and not to asking them to do anything. Anyway as I said you can also check through CBSA notes but it’s better to order it at least after two months from pre arrival services letter ( eligibility passed) because before that still not that much progress in your application usually. To order CBSA notes check the following website
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Spearman123

Jan 20, 2018
Hello,

Las month Overseas VO asked for some documents and criminal record for my wife, i sent all required documents except Criminal record and i explained in web form that's dangerous and could lead to arrest my wife if she goes and apply for that document، and few days ago they send me an email asked for the missing document which is Criminal record and they said i have 30 days to submit that document and i replied explained how it's dangerous.

So i am wondering if they didn't get my webform first time, or they don't care if that's dangerous or not.

So please advise what should i do.

Your quick response will be highly appreciated,
Thanks in advance

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Hello,

Las month Overseas VO asked for some documents and criminal record for my wife, i sent all required documents except Criminal record and i explained in web form that's dangerous and could lead to arrest my wife if she goes and apply for that document، and few days ago they send me an email asked for the missing document which is Criminal record and they said i have 30 days to submit that document and i replied explained how it's dangerous.

So i am wondering if they didn't get my webform first time, or they don't care if that's dangerous or not.

So please advise what should i do.

Your quick response will be highly appreciated,
Thanks in advance
Criminal record mean police report, they need her police report .

When did you submitt your first documents ?