+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Amjad.ADKBK

Dec 20, 2018
hi guys
i want some help . my family will send IMM0008 IMM5406 IMM5669 ,
1st question
they have to submit under which program (family or refugee) ?
2nd question
they have to submit original document like birth certificate . marriage certificate or just copy
3 rd question
what is the processing times for now
4th question
they didn't ask for photos , any idea

regards

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
hi guys
i want some help . my family will send IMM0008 IMM5406 IMM5669 ,
1st question
they have to submit under which program (family or refugee) ?
2nd question
they have to submit original document like birth certificate . marriage certificate or just copy
3 rd question
what is the processing times for now
4th question
they didn't ask for photos , any idea

regards
1) family
2) No one sending original copy because they’ll not give it back so make certified copy from authorization agency then send it.
3) Usually, the average time is between 4 to 8 months from receiving documents to VO and main applicant landing but some cases take more due to security check so it depends the applicant case.
4) Sometimes VO doesn’t ask for all documents in first time and asking for extra documents later on .

Good luck and hopefully your family join you soon :)

zein fayez

Nov 18, 2018
Hello guys,

I have received my PR in March of 2019 and my family is still in my home country. I am very concerned because it is taking too long to process my family's application. My wife contacted the VO twice via email and they said there are a lot of applications to process and that why it's taking too long. Does anyone know how long does it take to process this type of application (Their Visa Office is Cairo)?

That's their timeline:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 24, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on February 13, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 6, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on May 5, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on May 13, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.

Regards,

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hello guys,

I have received my PR in March of 2019 and my family is still in my home country. I am very concerned because it is taking too long to process my family's application. My wife contacted the VO twice via email and they said there are a lot of applications to process and that why it's taking too long. Does anyone know how long does it take to process this type of application (Their Visa Office is Cairo)?

That's their timeline:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 24, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on February 13, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 6, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on May 5, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on May 13, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.

Regards,
Did your wife passed eligibility,criminality, and security check?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
How do you know that? We really do not know. But aren't the medical exams the last step?
It dependents on the VO . Sometimes they requesting medical check with other documents so it doesn’t mean security pass and sometimes they doesn’t request for medical until eligibility and security passed .

Reactions: zein fayez

Hunarnamiq

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Canada
App. Filed.......
9 feb 2018
Hello Guys
I get an email
“We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free
pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada.”
It’s pre arrival ,
I’m inland feb -2018
Family requested information on Jun 2019 Ankara VO,
Guys after pre arrival how many days or month will be DM?

Reactions: YoYo81

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hello Guys
I get an email
“We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free
pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada.”
It’s pre arrival ,
I’m inland feb -2018
Family requested information on Jun 2019 Ankara VO,
Guys after pre arrival how many days or month will be DM?
This is good news , it’s mean eligibility passed . For DM still need to pass criminality,security and medical.Some cases getting DM after eligibility few days and some cases need months, Mostly depends on security check

Reactions: Ranolive

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Hi YoYo

I hope to you nice time , any update for your application , for my family medical exam has been recived since 20 days and no update.Thanks

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi YoYo

I hope to you nice time , any update for your application , for my family medical exam has been recived since 20 days and no update.Thanks
I’m still waiting too. I guess holidays make this delay. We have nothing to do except waiting. Any way hope we both hear good news this month :)

Reactions: Safar@2016

Amjad.N

Jan 13, 2020
hi
i got Email from abudabi embassy including DR chick list
CHECKLIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCOMPANYING/NON-ACCOMPANYING OVERSEAS FAMILY MEMBERS OF PROTECTED PERSONS IN CANADA.

• Send the following documents with your application and check (√) each box to confirm that they are enclosed.

• Send originals of the immigration application forms (Part I) and original police certificates.

• If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized translation with a copy of the originals. These must be done by an official translator. You cannot translate your own documents.

• Check that each form is complete and signed, where applicable. Once completed, send the forms to the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates as per the instruction on the cover letter.

Part I If any of the documents listed below are missing, your application will be returned. Immigration Application Forms (mandatory, if applicable) Must be completed or provided by: √

Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]

• This must include any children you may have, biological or adopted, from a current or previous relationship, including those who are living with another person.

• This form must be validated and signed.

You

Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]

• This must indicate any children you may have, biological or adopted, from a current or previous relationship, even if they are living with another person.

• This is an annex and must only be completed if you cannot list all your dependents on your IMM0008.

• This form must be dated and signed, if applicable.

You only if you have more than 5 dependents (whether they will accompany you to Canada or not).

Schedule A - Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]

• This form must be completed in full, no gaps allowed in questions 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. You must account for every month and year since the age of 18.

• Dependents who are or will be concurrently processed in another Visa Office need not submit this form to our office.

• This form must be dated and signed.

You and each of your dependent children, if applicable, who are 18 years of age or older and are residing in the Gulf/Yemen.

Supplementary Information Form [IMM 5549] (see attachment)

• Dependents who are or will be concurrently processed in another Visa Office need not submit this form to our office.

You and each of your dependent children, if applicable, who are 18 years of age or older and are residing in the Gulf/Yemen.

Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]

• You must include all children you may have, biological or adopted, from a current or previous relationship, even if they are living with another person regardless if they are still dependents or not.

• Certain fields on this form must be dated and signed, if it applies to you. Please read footnotes under each section carefully.

You and each of your dependent children, if applicable, who are 18 years of age or older and are residing in the Gulf/Yemen (whether they will accompany you to Canada or not).

Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5490]

• This form must be dated and signed. You

Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM5540]

The in-Canada applicant for permanent residence

Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM5409]

• This form must be signed and notarized.

You and the in-Canada applicant for permanent residence, if applicable

Use of a Representative Form [IMM5476]

• This form must be validated and signed, if applicable.

You only if you have selected an authorized representative to act on your behalf.

Part II – Supporting documents Travel Documents and Passports (mandatory)

Note: If these documents are written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The copy of the original document must be attached with the professional translation.

• A photocopy of your passport bio page (page showing the name, photo, passport number, date of issue and expiration, date and place of birth) plus any page containing amendments; and

• If you reside in a country different from your country of nationality, include a copy of your residence visa(s) for the country in which you currently reside.

• You must be able to demonstrate that you have been lawfully admitted to remain in that country for at least 1 year. If this information is missing, your application will be returned to you without being processed.

Note: Please do not submit passport copies of family members who are or will be concurrently processed in another Visa Office. Identity and Civil Status Documents (mandatory, if applicable)

Note: If these documents are written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The copy of the original document must be attached with the professional translation.

Birth, marriage, final divorce, annulment (court petition and court order/decision) or separation certificates for you and the in-Canada applicant. Death certificate of former spouse for yourself and/or the in-Canada applicant. Children’s Information

Note: If this document is written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The copy of the original document must be attached with the professional translation.

• Birth certificates (with both parents’ names) of all your and spouse’s children from previous and current relationship(s).

• Adoption papers for adopted dependent children

• Guardianship documents, if you or your spouse have been granted guardianship of a child.

Certificat sélection du Québec (CSQ) - Required only if you are destined to Québec √

For more information please consult Quebec Immigration’s website.

Note: Please do not submit CSQs of family members who are or will be concurrently processed in another Visa Office. Proof of relationship to the spouse in Canada √

Wedding photos (at least 10), if married

Proof that you are partners

Letters between you and sponsor

Telephone bills showing contact

Family photos, etc.

Proof of your spouse’s visits such as airline ticket coupons, boarding passes, etc.

Any other evidence of your relationship and communication. If you are a common-law or conjugal partner, you must also provide:

Note: Photos must be loose. Do not send them in binders, albums, frames or other such containers. Do not send video discs or video cassettes. Do not send musical greeting cards or other similar documents containing electronic or mechanical devices. Evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing

Evidence that your relationship has existed for at least 12 months prior to your application

In case of common law partners, you must demonstrate that you have cohabitated for at least 12 months prior to your application Details of the history of your relationship At least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing Any other evidence of your relationship and communication

Passport Photos

Supply eight (8) recent passport photos of yourself and for each of your family members who are included in this application. Please refer to the attached Photograph Specifications.

Note: Please do not submit photos of family members who are or will be concurrently processed in another Visa Office.

Original Police Certificates

Note: If this document is written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The copy of the original document must be attached with the professional translation. Original police certificates from each country in which you and every one in your family aged 18 years or over have resided for six months or more since reaching 18 years of age.

Consult our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country.

Note: Please do not submit police certificates of family members who are or will be concurrently processed in another Visa Office. For current or previous residents of Saudi Arabia: If you currently reside or have previously resided in Saudi Arabia, special procedures apply when requesting a Saudi Arabia police certificate from the relevant authorities. Please refer to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp.

Please note that you cannot obtain a Saudi Arabia Police Certificate without presenting an original request letter issued by the Canadian Embassy in Riyadh. DO NOT contact the Canadian Embassy in Riyadh. We will send you this letter by regular mail once a complete application is received and a file has been created. The police certificate must be translated in English or French by an official translator. The original police certificate must be attached with the translation.

Note: Please do not submit police certificates of family members who are or will be concurrently processed in another Visa Office.

Mail/courier your application to:

Immigration Section Embassy of Canada 10th Floor West Tower Abu Dhabi Mall Trade Towers P.O. Box 6970 Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates

We do not accept applications by fax or e-mail.

You must submit the document(s) and/or information within (90) days from the date of request.

Amjad.N

Jan 13, 2020
hi
i got Email from abudabi embassy including DR chick list
CHECKLIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCOMPANYING/NON-ACCOMPANYING OVERSEAS FAMILY MEMBERS OF PROTECTED PERSONS IN CANADA.

• Send the following documents with your application and check (√) each box to confirm that they are enclosed.

• Send originals of the immigration application forms (Part I) and original police certificates.

• If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized translation with a copy of the originals. These must be done by an official translator. You cannot translate your own documents.

• Check that each form is complete and signed, where applicable. Once completed, send the forms to the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates as per the instruction on the cover letter.

Part I If any of the documents listed below are missing, your application will be returned. Immigration Application Forms (mandatory, if applicable) Must be completed or provided by: √

Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]

• This must include any children you may have, biological or adopted, from a current or previous relationship, including those who are living with another person.

• This form must be validated and signed.

You

Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]

• This must indicate any children you may have, biological or adopted, from a current or previous relationship, even if they are living with another person.

• This is an annex and must only be completed if you cannot list all your dependents on your IMM0008.

• This form must be dated and signed, if applicable.

You only if you have more than 5 dependents (whether they will accompany you to Canada or not).

Schedule A - Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]

• This form must be completed in full, no gaps allowed in questions 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. You must account for every month and year since the age of 18.

Supplementary Information Form [IMM 5549] (see attachment)

Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]

• You must include all children you may have, biological or adopted, from a current or previous relationship, even if they are living with another person regardless if they are still dependents or not.

• Certain fields on this form must be dated and signed, if it applies to you. Please read footnotes under each section carefully.

You and each of your dependent children, if applicable, who are 18 years of age or older and are residing in the Gulf/Yemen (whether they will accompany you to Canada or not).

Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5490]

• This form must be dated and signed. You

Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM5540]

The in-Canada applicant for permanent residence

Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM5409]

• This form must be signed and notarized.

You and the in-Canada applicant for permanent residence, if applicable

Use of a Representative Form [IMM5476]

• This form must be validated and signed, if applicable.

You only if you have selected an authorized representative to act on your behalf.

Part II – Supporting documents Travel Documents and Passports (mandatory)

• A photocopy of your passport bio page (page showing the name, photo, passport number, date of issue and expiration, date and place of birth) plus any page containing amendments; and

• If you reside in a country different from your country of nationality, include a copy of your residence visa(s) for the country in which you currently reside.

• You must be able to demonstrate that you have been lawfully admitted to remain in that country for at least 1 year. If this information is missing, your application will be returned to you without being processed.

Note: Please do not submit passport copies of family members who are or will be concurrently processed in another Visa Office. Identity and Civil Status Documents (mandatory, if applicable)

Birth, marriage, final divorce, annulment (court petition and court order/decision) or separation certificates for you and the in-Canada applicant. Death certificate of former spouse for yourself and/or the in-Canada applicant. Children’s Information

Note: If this document is written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The copy of the original document must be attached with the professional translation.

• Birth certificates (with both parents’ names) of all your and spouse’s children from previous and current relationship(s).

• Adoption papers for adopted dependent children

• Guardianship documents, if you or your spouse have been granted guardianship of a child.

Certificat sélection du Québec (CSQ) - Required only if you are destined to Québec √

For more information please consult Quebec Immigration’s website.

Note: Please do not submit CSQs of family members who are or will be concurrently processed in another Visa Office. Proof of relationship to the spouse in Canada √

Wedding photos (at least 10), if married

Proof that you are partners

Letters between you and sponsor

Telephone bills showing contact

Family photos, etc.

Proof of your spouse’s visits such as airline ticket coupons, boarding passes, etc.

Any other evidence of your relationship and communication. If you are a common-law or conjugal partner, you must also provide:

Note: Photos must be loose. Do not send them in binders, albums, frames or other such containers. Do not send video discs or video cassettes. Do not send musical greeting cards or other similar documents containing electronic or mechanical devices. Evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing

Evidence that your relationship has existed for at least 12 months prior to your application

In case of common law partners, you must demonstrate that you have cohabitated for at least 12 months prior to your application Details of the history of your relationship At least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing Any other evidence of your relationship and communication

Passport Photos

Supply eight (8) recent passport photos of yourself and for each of your family members who are included in this application. Please refer to the attached Photograph Specifications.

Note: Please do not submit photos of family members who are or will be concurrently processed in another Visa Office.

Original Police Certificates

Note: If this document is written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The copy of the original document must be attached with the professional translation. Original police certificates from each country in which you and every one in your family aged 18 years or over have resided for six months or more since reaching 18 years of age.

Consult our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country.

Note: Please do not submit police certificates of family members who are or will be concurrently processed in another Visa Office. For current or previous residents of Saudi Arabia: If you currently reside or have previously resided in Saudi Arabia, special procedures apply when requesting a Saudi Arabia police certificate from the relevant authorities. Please refer to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp.

Please note that you cannot obtain a Saudi Arabia Police Certificate without presenting an original request letter issued by the Canadian Embassy in Riyadh. DO NOT contact the Canadian Embassy in Riyadh. We will send you this letter by regular mail once a complete application is received and a file has been created. The police certificate must be translated in English or French by an official translator. The original police certificate must be attached with the translation.

Note: Please do not submit police certificates of family members who are or will be concurrently processed in another Visa Office.

Mail/courier your application to:

Immigration Section Embassy of Canada 10th Floor West Tower Abu Dhabi Mall Trade Towers P.O. Box 6970 Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates

We do not accept applications by fax or e-mail.

You must submit the document(s) and/or information within (90) days from the date of request.
my wife is main applicant and my kids all with here . my question do i need to fill format for all my family member or just for me

chabuck

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Hi every one ! I have sponsored my husband and kids they did their medical first week of January unfortunately my husband’s chest X-ray was not clear they ask my husband to come three days for some test he did that too , now I am worried about him what will happen will it delay the case process can any body guide me if some body has information about this , my kids medical is clear will they get ppr together or cic will finalize the case with medical pass of each member kindly clear my confusion

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Guys, how do we check overseas dependant application status? I want to know about my wife background and criminality process.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
my wife is main applicant and my kids all with here . my question do i need to fill format for all my family member or just for me
Your wife and your kids in same forms. Your wife is the main applicant and your kids are her independents