+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

xer012

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Family reunification is program
Number of member 4
Wife and son over 18 must have each application and only them must sign
Are you sure. Because when I try to link my overseas dependent application using the application number I have to select category of application. When I select family reunification it gives error that your application number is not for this category. The app number starts with G, which is for refugees.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Are you sure. Because when I try to link my overseas dependent application using the application number I have to select category of application. When I select family reunification it gives error that your application number is not for this category. The app number starts with G, which is for refugees.
As I know it’s not possible to link overseas application, I tried myself many times and I saw others trying but doesn’t work.

tender91

Mar 3, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am the main applicant (January 2018) and my husband is my only overseas family dependent. In September 2019, I got my AIP. In my AIP, the following is stated:

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements"

My question is, has anybody been in the same situation where their DM is dependent on spouse medical and security chexk? To me, it sounds like i wont get DM untill my husband case is done processing. As I know, main applicants get their DM way before spouse medical and
security. Please let me know if I am understanding this wrong.

Thank you everyone in advance.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am the main applicant (January 2018) and my husband is my only overseas family dependent. In September 2019, I got my AIP. In my AIP, the following is stated:

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements"

My question is, has anybody been in the same situation where their DM is dependent on spouse medical and security chexk? To me, it sounds like i wont get DM untill my husband case is done processing. As I know, main applicants get their DM way before spouse medical and

Normally when your medical and background check finalized you’ll get DM. Your overseas spouse application process will start after you get DM. I think this statement for the family who applied inland because they got DM together so thier medical and security process in same time but your case is different because your spouse is overseas and his eligibility hasn’t been checked yet .VO will be responsible for your spouse PR application and they will check his eligibility,medical results and background.

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Did they mention in letter to submit your husband form to overseas office ??

tender91

Mar 3, 2018
Normally when your medical and background check finalized you’ll get DM. Your overseas spouse application process will start after you get DM. I think this statement for the family who applied inland because they got DM together so thier medical and security process in same time but your case is different because your spouse is overseas and his eligibility hasn’t been checked yet .VO will be responsible for your spouse PR application and they will check his eligibility,medical results and background.
Hi Yoyo,
That makes alot of sense. I guess my case is delayed for no reason then :D

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
@samydude65 ,@Refugeee ,@live&love, @Varadero,@Safar@2016 ,@chabuck

Anyone has update regarding overseas family? good news cheer us up :)
nothing here. Last update was October 10th. Things were moving up pretty fast, but all of the sudden, there has been no updates for a month now and we expect that it’s because my dad served in the military so they might wanna check more about him. It’s still just prediction cuz it’s not known why the delay.

Reactions: YoYo81

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Absolutely nothing yet Yoyo
nothing here. Last update was October 10th. Things were moving up pretty fast, but all of the sudden, there has been no updates for a month now and we expect that it’s because my dad served in the military so they might wanna check more about him. It’s still just prediction cuz it’s not known why the delay.
Hope you hear good news soon :)

Reactions: live&love

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
They check eligibility again of your family ?? Are they eligible after your AIP?
Or just check security and criminality??
Thanks

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
They check eligibility again of your family ?? Are they eligible after your AIP?
Or just check security and criminality??
Thanks
Yah, the VO will check eligibility,medical results ,criminality and security of the overseas applicants after receiving the requested forms and mostly after main applicant landing.

Reactions: Shanwari