+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
my spouse received passport request today.her timelines as follows

i was landed PR as a refugee on 26th June,2019
sent her doucuments to VO newdelhi,India via canada post on 10th July,2019
Medical Request on 22th July,2019
Prearrival Letter 22th July,2019
Medical Done 15th August 2019
Passport and Photo request 03 Sept 2019
Congratulations, this is good news :) hope we also hear good news soon , thank you for sharing and all the best to you and your family

sameh5free

Nov 24, 2018

Thanks too much

sameh5free

Nov 24, 2018
Wait for pre arrival email then if you don’t get medical request after pre arrival for two weeks order GCMS and CBSA note . For now you can call IRCC and ask them about eligibility, criminality and security status of your wife
Thank you

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi dear friends hope your doing well , my refugee claimant accept , after applying for PR how long is processing time to join my family with me in Canada ?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi dear friends hope your doing well , my refugee claimant accept , after applying for PR how long is processing time to join my family with me in Canada ?
The processing timeline to get PR for protected person is 19 months based on CIC

Protected persons and convention refugees (in Canada)

19 months ?

View your application status

This processing time refers to applications for permanent resident status from protected persons and Convention refugees.

For your overseas family it’s different process , their process will start after you get the DM letter and it’ll start that IRCC sending thier applications to visa office and the visa office will start processing thier applications and requesting documents to validate the relationship with you and thier eligibility and background check. From others experience, the average timeline required from VO to finilze the whole process is 4 to 6 months from receiving the requested documents but there are lot of cases delayed because of security check and no one can tell exact timeline so it’s different from case to case.

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
The processing timeline to get PR for protected person is 19 months based on CIC

Protected persons and convention refugees (in Canada)

19 months ?

View your application status

This processing time refers to applications for permanent resident status from protected persons and Convention refugees.

For your overseas family it’s different process , their process will start after you get the DM letter and it’ll start that IRCC sending thier applications to visa office and the visa office will start processing thier applications and requesting documents to validate the relationship with you and thier eligibility and background check. From others experience, the average timeline required from VO to finilze the whole process is 4 to 6 months from receiving the requested documents but there are lot of cases delayed because of security check and no one can tell exact timeline so it’s different from case to case.
Thank you vary much for your reply, can you tell me after apply for PR approximately how long will take to get DM ?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Thank you vary much for your reply, can you tell me after apply for PR approximately how long will take to get DM ?
As CIC page , 19 months but as I said before it depends the case , could be less than 19 months or more than 19 months

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
As CIC page , 19 months but as I said before it depends the case , could be less than 19 months or more than 19 months
I mean DM not PR as you mentioned in your previous posts DM come before PR .

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
DM mean decision made so it’s PR but you’ll get COPR in the landing interview after DM two weeks up to 2 months depends on landing office
Thank you I got , it’s possible that I apply now for PR at same time for my self and family member they are include in my application?
Many thanks .