+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Mandisina

Oct 28, 2020
I submitted my claim in November 2018,got my notice of decision in May 2021, PR in April 2023.
I had submitted my application together with my overseas, their biometrics were done in October 2023. I'm so confused, how long does it take for overseas dependents and how is it calculated? Which dates are considered? I miss my daughter

Last edited:

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
I submitted my claim in November 2018,got my notice of decision in May 2021, PR in April 2023.
I had submitted my application together with my overseas, their biometrics were done in October 2023. I'm so confused, how long does it take for overseas dependents and how is it calculated? Which dates are considered? I miss my daughter
48 months approximately for dependants. you have almost 36 months. about one year or less with good luck

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Which visa office is treating your family’s application? And did they ask them to submit police certificates ?

Beamsbabe

Jun 22, 2023
Good morning all.

Please I want to ask if anyone here is up to the required 48 months and If there is any update on the application. Mine will be 48 Months next week and I have not heard from them nor have I received any further instructions to move my application forward.
Thank you

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Good morning all.

Please I want to ask if anyone here is up to the required 48 months and If there is any update on the application. Mine will be 48 Months next week and I have not heard from them nor have I received any further instructions to move my application forward.
Thank you
What stage is your dependent application reached?

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Good morning all.

Thank you
@Beamsbabe ......My Deps application was 48 months around mid-last month. They were asked to provide Med, new PCC and forms and Bio last year June.....still waiting since then....AVO.....
what about you?

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
I am the dependant of a protected person and I don't even know what stage our application is all I know is that I have been waiting for 48 months.
Have the embassy in your country contacted you before? Have you provided the biometrics and medicals before?

Beamsbabe

Jun 22, 2023
Have the embassy in your country contacted you before? Have you provided the biometrics and medicals before?
Our application is being processed in Acccra Ghana. We Were contacted in July 2023 to submit proof of communication, marriage certificate and documents.which was submitted and no news again since then.

We have however submitted PCC when our file was transferred in 2021 .

tirunesh

Mar 7, 2024
Hello everyone. My wife just became a protected person. She is about to apply for PR. My question is does the new TRV policy for spouses apply to dependents of Protected persons or is it only for family class applicants. If not which is a better route for applying TRV. Apply as someone who is going to stay there while the PR application is in progress or state that you are only there to visit your spouse and that you will return by showing home ties. Another question is, is applying PR together better than applying later as family class sponsorship because I have seen the timelines and they don't add up. It seems like the family class sponsorship after primary applicant gets the PR is faster.. Thank you

Beamsbabe

Jun 22, 2023
Hello everyone. My wife just became a protected person. She is about to apply for PR. My question is does the new TRV policy for spouses apply to dependents of Protected persons or is it only for family class applicants. If not which is a better route for applying TRV. Apply as someone who is going to stay there while the PR application is in progress or state that you are only there to visit your spouse and that you will return by showing home ties. Another question is, is applying PR together better than applying later as family class sponsorship because I have seen the timelines and they don't add up. It seems like the family class sponsorship after primary applicant gets the PR is faster.. Thank you
Congratulations to your wife however I feel the family sponsor is faster than applying for PR for all of you at once. What that means is that if she applies for everyone, you will have to wait for another 48months. So I suggest she does the family sponsor own.
Secondly the TRV widow does not cover dependent of a protected person. I applied when the law came out and I was refused will others with sponsor were approved. So it doesn't cover.
(My opinion)