+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
Good morning all.
Please can someone assist me .
I got a mail from Accra to submit my documents via webform. After filling all the details and clicking Next to be able to upload, it's not moving to the next page to allow me upload the documents. I have tried it severally but it's not going to the next page for me to upload the requested documents.please if you have done yours kindly put me through.
Thank you

Yeto

Apr 20, 2022
Good morning all.
Please can someone assist me .
I got a mail from Accra to submit my documents via webform. After filling all the details and clicking Next to be able to upload, it's not moving to the next page to allow me upload the documents. I have tried it severally but it's not going to the next page for me to upload the requested documents.please if you have done yours kindly put me through.
Thank you
Are you using your mobile phone to upload the documents? If yes, try use a computer. I experienced the same thing cause I tried with my mobile phone until I used a laptop, it then worked.

Angel1489

Star Member
Jul 8, 2023
They asked for proof of relationship other than documentation (pics and communication) we supported the file with money transfer receipts and communications messages and they were accepted as a proof of continuous relation.
What is your timline?

raiden

Sep 2, 2021
Hey guys!

I would highly appreciate your opinion on this! Based on your experience, or the similar cases you have seen, how long you think it is probably going to take to get the passport request?

Here is the timeline of my wife's application (Embassy: Ankara):
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 30, 2022.
  2. We started processing your application on December 1, 2022.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on December 14, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
I added her to my PR application, which was in ongoing at that time. (Refugee claim: Jan 2018, NOD: July 2021, PR started: Aug 2021, CoPR: Feb 2023, PR Card: June 2023).

Asking because 50 months on IRCC website is just UNBELIEVABLE, and I may leave Canada to live with my wife elsewhere while waiting for the application.

Dominate

Apr 11, 2019
Has Anyone gotten any update from Accra Visa office after submitting medical request recently for overseas spouse?

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Applied online oct 2022
Got pilot letter and bio metric in dec 2022

Document submitted.. nothing after that..
Whats ur timeline and country of overaeas dependant ?
How you got the pilot program letter.. is it random selection or based on specific nationalities or something you applied for?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
How you got the pilot program letter.. is it random selection or based on specific nationalities or something you applied for?
It’s not random. It’s for specific regions. I think it’s used for South American immigrants and a few others. It’s not used for African countries.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
I hope this forum is still in existence. It’s been dormant for weeks now. No update. Is there a problem?

Last edited:

selbashir

Star Member
Feb 4, 2022
Finally got the good news:

Abudhabi VO
-We received your application for permanent residence on February 17, 2021.
-We started processing your application on October 20, 2021.
-We sent you correspondence on January 31, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I have a TRV and visited few times, during my last visit:

-Medical exam and Biometric request May 2023
-Same checklist requested again, generic form, police certificate,, proof of relationship..... etc May 2023
-PR portal email 4th Jul
-PR portal credentials and photo submit 13th Jul
-eCopr: 18th Jul (Soft landing since i was already there)

Hope everyone get the good news soon

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Finally got the good news:

Abudhabi VO
-We received your application for permanent residence on February 17, 2021.
-We started processing your application on October 20, 2021.
-We sent you correspondence on January 31, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I have a TRV and visited few times, during my last visit:

-Medical exam and Biometric request May 2023
-Same checklist requested again, generic form, police certificate,, proof of relationship..... etc May 2023
-PR portal email 4th Jul
-PR portal credentials and photo submit 13th Jul
-eCopr: 18th Jul (Soft landing since i was already there)

Hope everyone get the good news soon
congratulations to you.