+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
What's the status of your application now?
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 23, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2023.
  3. We started processing your application on February 10, 2023.
  4. Medical results have been received.
This is for me that I am the main protected person here in Canada. For my wife overseas, they only ask for biometrics on may 2022.

Reactions: Protected person

Hopealive

Star Member
Nov 24, 2021
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2023.
This is for me that I am the main protected person here in Canada. For my wife overseas, they only ask for biometrics on may 2022.
Your application is still in.order

Protected person

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
Hi
Did u recieve any pilot project family reunification letter by ircc?? Because some regions come in this and they process faster for the overseas dependents

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
Hello, please I would be grateful if you could tell me if they ask for proof of communication or money transferred to support ? Thanks in advance
What I really don't understand is why it takes less than a year to process for the main applicant and 50 months for dependants outside. 50 months is almost 5years or am I mistaken ?

Hopealive

Star Member
Nov 24, 2021
Accra sent the below ADR, what does this mean after I have included my marriage certificate in the online portal for PR application:

> Submissions: Proof of In-Canada Applicant's visits such as airline ticket coupons or used boarding passes, photocopies of pages of your sponsor’s passport showing entry-exit stamps supporting visits etc.

> Passport/Travel Document: Scanned copy of a valid travel document for all with at least six months validity.

> Submissions: All evidence of ongoing relationship since the onset and in particular since In-Canada applicant left for Canada (communication, financial support etc.)

> Submissions: Photos of you and family taken together at different times and places.

> Marriage photos: Marriage photos Provide marriage photos including the Court marriage certificate signing (customary celebrations, engagement, church wedding etc.)

> Submissions: Educations documentations for dependents

> Submissions: Proof of visits, such as airline ticket coupons or used boarding passes, photocopies of pages of passport showing entry-exit stamps supporting visit).

Protected person

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
Hi
As i applied online for my PR and mY overseas dependants.. i succesfully linked only my application with gckey but couldnt find my overseas dependants application in ECAS as well..

Is there any other way i could check their status

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
I am the PA and I have overseas wife and kids . I applied for PR at Sep 2021 for all of us. Today i got two letter. One letter is pre arrival for me and other letter stated that overseas visa office SINGAPORE is responsible for processing the application for my family members.
In this letter they told me that required application forms IMM 0008,5406 & 5669 and other documentation should be signed by each applicant and all the documentation must sent to SINGAPORE office within 90 days .

My question is do i have send these documents in hard copy to singapore ? or there is a online system is there ? please leave your comments

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi
As i applied online for my PR and mY overseas dependants.. i succesfully linked only my application with gckey but couldnt find my overseas dependants application in ECAS as well..

Try checking that of your spouse on eCAS. You cannot see the status of the children. Again, your spouse’s application can’t be linked to GCKey. The status can only be seen on eCAS.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
I am the PA and I have overseas wife and kids . I applied for PR at Sep 2021 for all of us. Today i got two letter. One letter is pre arrival for me and other letter stated that overseas visa office SINGAPORE is responsible for processing the application for my family members.
In this letter they told me that required application forms IMM 0008,5406 & 5669 and other documentation should be signed by each applicant and all the documentation must sent to SINGAPORE office within 90 days .

My question is do i have send these documents in hard copy to singapore ? or there is a online system is there ? please leave your comments
My understanding is that the different visa offices have different ways of carrying on their business.

However, I will suggest that your wife and kids should fill the recommended forms (they can find them on the IRCC website) and sign them and send them via webform to the Singapore Visa Office.

You can guide them. If there’s a check list, forward it to your wife to guide her actions.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Accra sent the below ADR, what does this mean after I have included my marriage certificate in the online portal for PR application:

> Submissions: Proof of In-Canada Applicant's visits such as airline ticket coupons or used boarding passes, photocopies of pages of your sponsor’s passport showing entry-exit stamps supporting visits etc.

> Passport/Travel Document: Scanned copy of a valid travel document for all with at least six months validity.

> Submissions: All evidence of ongoing relationship since the onset and in particular since In-Canada applicant left for Canada (communication, financial support etc.)

> Submissions: Photos of you and family taken together at different times and places.

> Marriage photos: Marriage photos Provide marriage photos including the Court marriage certificate signing (customary celebrations, engagement, church wedding etc.)

> Submissions: Educations documentations for dependents

> Submissions: Proof of visits, such as airline ticket coupons or used boarding passes, photocopies of pages of passport showing entry-exit stamps supporting visit).
I guess you’re for family class reunification.

You just have to work with your spouse to give them what they asked for. I don’t think these are difficult things to gather together. For example, If your spouse doesn’t have coupons or used boarding passes, he will definitely have on his passport pages stamp-in and out of your country.

You can prove communication by providing emails or WhatsApp messages you exchanged.

You can also show pictures; wedding pictures, traditional wedding pictures and different family pictures.

The earlier you start, the better.

All the best.

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Hi

You cannot link your overseas dependents if you applied for permanent resident through the protected person route, however your can check their application movement on ECAS. All you have to do is use their application number, last name and date of birth to check on ECAS, if you don't know your overseas dependent application number send a mail to IRCC office Overseas processing your dependent application and they will reply you with the application number.

Hopealive

Star Member
Nov 24, 2021
I have been asked for additional documents. Forms and other supporting documents but the files are larger than 6M after compressing. I learnt that the link for the file upload can't take more than 2MB.
Can I upload the document on a separate link (individual submission)?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
I have been asked for additional documents. Forms and other supporting documents but the files are larger than 6M after compressing. I learnt that the link for the file upload can't take more than 2MB.
Can I upload the document on a separate link (individual submission)?
You can upload two or more different files with a combined file size of not more than 3.5MB. If it’s one file, the limit shouldn’t exceed 2MB.

All you have to do is to compress your files to comfort with the requirement otherwise you won’t be able to upload the files. I advise that you scan with PDF.

selbashir

Star Member
Feb 4, 2022
You can upload two or more different files with a combined file size of not more than 3.5MB. If it’s one file, the limit shouldn’t exceed 2MB.

All you have to do is to compress your files to comfort with the requirement otherwise you won’t be able to upload the files. I advise that you scan with PDF.
You can split the documents to groups of 3.4 MB and upload through multiple webforms.

Reactions: Hopealive