+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

9999Sam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Bro, ignore the above timeline, I have an official email from my memeber of parliament that the process time 15 months, started once the main applicant in Canada granted the PR (ECOPR).

If you pass 15 months after main applicant granted the PR, visit the MP office or/and Sue them, if the reason behind the late not any security related.

You Can email the minister of IRCC at:
Minister@cic.gc.ca

All the best.

I got the PR Jun 2022
My family received medical and security in may 2023.
Remaining passport request.

VO: abu Dhabi.

Reactions: Emadx

9999Sam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Hello please can you take screenshot of the email please ?
Hello, I can't as it will be a crime under privacy Act.

You can ask your MP about the timeline and they will get back to you with the answer within 10 business days. (15 months after main Applicant granted the ECOPR if there is no any security related issues).

All the best.

Emadx

Jun 9, 2023
Hi @Emadx

I think you have reached 50 months!

According to IRCC website for dependents:
Your processing time starts the day we receive the protected person’s complete application.

You have told that your wife became PR in 2020. At what time did she send PR application? May be in 2019.
If my estimate is correct, it is around 4 years for your application (not your wife).

Best
Hi yes she got her copr around November 2020 but when i go to client application status it says that application has been received feb 2020!, :/
The only good part is i have recieved 2 month ago my prearrival server letter

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021

You can ask your MP about the timeline and they will get back to you with the answer within 10 business days. (15 months after main Applicant granted the ECOPR if there is no any security related issues).

All the best.
I understand, thank you for your help

All the best.
I understand thank you for your help . I hope we hear good news soon .

Reactions: 9999Sam

weyt2020

Sep 11, 2022
Hi yes she got her copr around November 2020 but when i go to client application status it says that application has been received feb 2020!, :/
The only good part is i have recieved 2 month ago my prearrival server letter
No. If you are looking at Online account details, it is the time that she has linked her account to her application. My application is Received in February 2022 but when I Linked it to my account, It showed me September 2022 (the time of linking). You ( you and your wife) know that when did she sent the application and you have received an acknowledgement for it. that is your starting point. I think you are at the end of journey! Just do your followup please!
Good Luck

Kam_jr

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Category........
Other
My overseas husband sent his passport on May 27 and was sent and received in VO NY on May 31st. What i have seen from previous threats is that usually takes 10 to 15 days for visa stamping.
I was calling during the week to check the status of the application and it still said thag they required additional documents (PPR) and background check in progress. I sent a webform to the visa office on Wednesday to make sure they received the passport (obviously is too soon to receive a reply for them ) . My concern is that today i called again the IRCC number to use the automated system to check the status lf the application and this time immediately says “ to better assist you we will transfer your call to an agent “ but then the call doesn’t go through. Have anyone have this experience? I am very worried!

selbashir

Star Member
Feb 4, 2022
My overseas husband sent his passport on May 27 and was sent and received in VO NY on May 31st. What i have seen from previous threats is that usually takes 10 to 15 days for visa stamping.
I was calling during the week to check the status of the application and it still said thag they required additional documents (PPR) and background check in progress. I sent a webform to the visa office on Wednesday to make sure they received the passport (obviously is too soon to receive a reply for them ) . My concern is that today i called again the IRCC number to use the automated system to check the status lf the application and this time immediately says “ to better assist you we will transfer your call to an agent “ but then the call doesn’t go through. Have anyone have this experience? I am very worried!
Yes, called today and got the same response… i was worried too. Not any more

selbashir

Star Member
Feb 4, 2022
I’m glad im not the only one, so you think its a glitch in their phone system right now?
Possibly… but ill try again after the weekend. Might get the chance to talk to an agent as well

Today i got the same checklist that was requested by and submitted to Abodhabi VO more than an year ago. Now the same checklist for all the forms to be filled and submitted came again from Mississauga office. Im confused.

weyt2020

Sep 11, 2022
Possibly… but ill try again after the weekend. Might get the chance to talk to an agent as well

Today i got the same checklist that was requested by and submitted to Abodhabi VO more than an year ago. Now the same checklist for all the forms to be filled and submitted came again from Mississauga office. Im confused.
Who knows? May be according to new IRCC measures, they want to give a TRV while your case is processing in Abodhabi VO.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hey pls help me i applied for Canada pr under refugee category and added my overseas spouse and dependents in my file can you tell me that dies india qualify under pilot project and will i receive my aor on email or on pr portal and will that aor include uci numbers for my overseas dependents too???

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hey pls help me i applied for Canada pr under refugee category and added my overseas spouse and dependents in my file can you tell me that dies india qualify under pilot project and will i receive my aor on email or on pr portal and will that aor include uci numbers for my overseas dependents too???

Refugeeinquiry

Dec 4, 2020
Hello everyone!

Principle applicant is already an PR on August 2022

As a dependent outside we received an Medical request on April and did it on May
However, right after medical we request an request for updated Schedule A and PCC. Which we already summit. Does any one have similar experience or suggestion on the process.

Reactions: Melsi

selbashir

Star Member
Feb 4, 2022
Hello everyone!

Principle applicant is already an PR on August 2022

As a dependent outside we received an Medical request on April and did it on May
However, right after medical we request an request for updated Schedule A and PCC. Which we already summit. Does any one have similar experience or suggestion on the process.
Hello
I am a outside dependent. Everything submitted back in Feb 2022. Now in May 2023 got medical and biometric request. Followed by the same checklist (generic form, schedule A, additional family information….etc) again.
Updated and resubmitted through webform. And called IRCC to ask if that means my processing will start from the beginning. Agent said no. Reviewing officers can ask for updated forms any time during the process.

Regards