+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
processing time starts when the application is submitted or when the office starts processing the appli
As per my understandig and from explanation on official websites... It starts the day a complete application is received.
but CAS shows 2 different dates with bug gap.

mine:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 17, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on October 20, 2021.
It simply means that your processing time started counting from February 17, 2021.

Reactions: selbashir

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
I just discovered, to my surprise & shock, that the processing time for dependents of protected persons is 43months.

Who knows when they start counting the processing time?
Yes I just saw it too on Wednesday. The count starts when the application was received for processing. I have been waiting for 36 months now without any progress still. It's so frustrating honestly

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Yes I just saw it too on Wednesday. The count starts when the application was received for processing. I have been waiting for 36 months now without any progress still. It's so frustrating honestly
Very frustrating!

Please, is it when it was received for processing in Ghana or when it was received for processing from the principal applicant? My CAS says *we received your application in April 2021 and further says that processing started in November 2021. Unfortunately, the status just says, “Application Received”

Just explain further if you understand what they are doing. Thank you.

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
Very frustrating!

Please, is it when it was received for processing in Ghana or when it was received for processing from the principal applicant? My CAS says *we received your application in April 2021 and further says that processing started in November 2021. Unfortunately, the status just says, “Application Received”

Just explain further if you understand what they are doing. Thank you.
Yes I think it's when it was received for processing in Canada not in Ghana. If it is Ghana then it means we will wait forever but it is when it was received. So start counting from April 2021.

Reactions: Orlando_Best

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Come to think of it, 36 months is long enough to have started communicating with you for medical and biometric. What is going on? Do they want to start when it’s 44 months?

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi, does the strike include the officers working outside canada in embassies? Does this strike mean we are doomed in another delay and another backlog that will result?!

Kario22

Oct 28, 2022
23 months. It could be more or less depending.
my Application was received in Dec 2020
I became PR on Oct 2021
I submitted my family document at the same time(Dec 2020).
Until now, Noting
I sent a bunch of emails to the Ankara embassy in Turkey. Unfortunately, they have a copied message that was sent me. (Waiting....)
What the hell are they doing? Canada IRCC tries to brake off families.

More than 29 Months!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Kario22

Oct 28, 2022
My application timeline:
I became PR in Oct 2021
Until now, Noting
I sent a bunch of emails to the Ankara embassy in Turkey. Unfortunately, they have a copied message that was sent to me. (Waiting....)
More than 29 Months
What should I do?

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
My application timeline:
I became PR in Oct 2021
Until now, Noting
I sent a bunch of emails to the Ankara embassy in Turkey. Unfortunately, they have a copied message that was sent to me. (Waiting....)
More than 29 Months
What should I do?
iRCC doesn't look at time, days or months oo, they only do what they want to do. I've been waiting for 37months myself without any update. I have written immigration minister, filled webform, called Ghana , request for ATIP , did all I know how to do still nothing. I have decided to just hand everything over to God because at this point, nothing else to do.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
iRCC doesn't look at time, days or months oo, they only do what they want to do. I've been waiting for 37months myself without any update. I have written immigration minister, filled webform, called Ghana , request for ATIP , did all I know how to do still nothing. I have decided to just hand everything over to God because at this point, nothing else to do.
37 months! Even if they want to pretend that their processing time is 45 months, is 37 months not enough to open communication with you? Biometrics and medical should be done by now while other things are put in place. Something is definitely wrong.