+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
I have done my biometrics and medicals upfront, so the only instruction I'm expecting from them now is passport request. I have been more than patient.
Also the processing time keep changing and never stops.

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
My acquaintance was asked to produce his Basis of Claim (BOC). in order to keep processing his wife's application.

Unfortunately, he was unable to locate it, so he requested a copy from the Refugee Board.

The IRB stated that it would take at least three weeks to provide it. The IRCC Accra, on the other hand, simply gave her 15 days to deliver the papers.

Can she get an extension from the Accra office?

Will they agree to it?

I know how terrible the IRCC Accra office is.

Hopealive

Star Member
Nov 24, 2021
My acquaintance was asked to produce his Basis of Claim (BOC). in order to keep processing his wife's application.

Unfortunately, he was unable to locate it, so he requested a copy from the Refugee Board.

The IRB stated that it would take at least three weeks to provide it. The IRCC Accra, on the other hand, simply gave her 15 days to deliver the papers.

Can she get an extension from the Accra office?

Will they agree to it?

I know how terrible the IRCC Accra office is.
When did you submit your application?

Beee97

May 10, 2023
My father applied PR inside canada and add me as applicant outside canada. They added my name in pilot program so they process my application too.
Timeline
PR applied on September 21,2021
Correspondence received 31 December 2021
Medical call june 2022
Eligibility for PR and medical approved on 3 August 2022
Pre arrival letter arrived on 4 August 2022
Untill now there is no news from IRCC. I just want to know my medical is going to expire on 13 june 2023 next what's gonna happen? When they will send passport request.?

Mandisina

Oct 28, 2020
I applied for permanent residence and included applications for my 2 dependents overseas. On April 3rd, 2023, I received my copr followed by the pr card. However I'm worried that they did not give feedback on the status of my dependents. They confirmed receipt of all documents sent, I paid for all. The last email mentioned that I was going to receive another email with further instructions, but I did not receive the email.
What is the next process, if I was landed through the online portal?
I'm worried about my family, they are also very stressed. We don't know what to do.
Protected person

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Hello , I sent a Webfrom asking for update they told me that's the application is under officer assessment anyone know what that's mean? ( Knowing that criminality and medical passed since 11 months months ago)