+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Congratulations on completing the process
Having a question, did you received pre arrival letter before the decision made ? When exactly? My family having same time line medical requested June 2021 and last update was received pre arrival June 2022

Still waiting for PPR

Thanks
Almost done.... Ankara VOC

1. We received your application for permanent residence on February , 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on February, 2021.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on June, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received, August 2021
  5. Decision made, August 2022
  6. PPR request, August 2022, same day
FYI

cet

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Congratulations on completing the process
Having a question, did you received pre arrival letter before the decision made ? When exactly? My family having same time line medical requested June 2021 and last update was received pre arrival June 2022

Still waiting for PPR

Thanks
Hi,

I got pre arrival letter and PPR at the same day after 1-2 days from the decision date.

Reactions: Abtols and PrinceH

Alali

Feb 4, 2022
PA received ecopr overseas spouse application is being processed by visa office but is not listed as dependent on the PA ecopr! Anyone has same issue or can shed some light into this?

Reactions: PrinceH

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
PA received ecopr overseas spouse application is being processed by visa office but is not listed as dependent on the PA ecopr! Anyone has same issue or can shed some light into this?
Since they are overseas they will have different application & processes than in-Canada PA

Reactions: Alali

Luv-canada

Aug 31, 2021
My friend got approved, his wife and son are in India, he wants to apply via NEW PR portal. Can he include everyone in same application OR need to submit different application

LUV

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
My friend got approved, his wife and son are in India, he wants to apply via NEW PR portal. Can he include everyone in same application OR need to submit different application

LUV
Congratulations for your friend

If you mean he got approved by his refugee claim and will apply for PR, so he definitely should apply for him self and including all his family members at same application,

I think asylum seekers have only one option to apply for PR through the mailing address only,

I never heard about New PR portal unless you mean he got approval on his PR request and that’s different story since he’d already included his family to the application and since they are overseas so he will use New PR portal to get his COPR and his family will have different processes as well

good luck

Luv-canada

Aug 31, 2021
Congratulations for your friend

If you mean he got approved by his refugee claim and will apply for PR, so he definitely should apply for him self and including all his family members at same application,

I think asylum seekers have only one option to apply for PR through the mailing address only,

I never heard about New PR portal unless you mean he got approval on his PR request and that’s different story since he’d already included his family to the application and since they are overseas so he will use New PR portal to get his COPR and his family will have different processes as well

good luck
Thanks for your reply,
Online application for PR application is available from last year. He needs to apply PR his claim is approved not PR. My question was one application online (generic form IMM008) for whole family.

LUV

visa forum

Aug 5, 2022
Enquiry for overseas dependent is the following.Can anyone tell me how long may take for approval .How long may take for review by officer

“This application is currently pending review by an officer, after which we will contact the applicant to advise the outcome of the review and/or any subsequent steps in the processing of the application.”

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Thanks for your reply,
Online application for PR application is available from last year. He needs to apply PR his claim is approved not PR. My question was one application online (generic form IMM008) for whole family.

LUV
He definitely needs to include all his family members (both in-Canada persons and the ones overseas) in his application. His response will show the ones in Canada & the ones overseas. IRCC will first process the application of the in-Canada person(s).

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Thanks for your reply,

LUV
Thanks for the information
I never knew that asylum seekers can apply for PR online, the only option being mentioned for protected person was paper application sent by mail address

I guess students & work permits can apply online or paper

in case it’s allowed, he needs to apply for the whole family members at same time

Thanks

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Enquiry for overseas dependent is the following.Can anyone tell me how long may take for approval .How long may take for review by officer

“This application is currently pending review by an officer, after which we will contact the applicant to advise the outcome of the review and/or any subsequent steps in the processing of the application.”
It’s vary based on the visa office and the cases too, nothing is the same but overall some VO now are taking 6-12 months to process the overseas family application

Kam_jr

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Category........
Other
Hey guys! I received my GMCS Notes today and I noticed that on my notes its only me, there is no mention of my dependent anywhere. On my marital status just said “married” and in the beginning just said “ # of clients: 1 , # of potential visas: 1 “ is that normal? I mentioned him on my application and added him as my dependent. Is that normal? I’m now super worried.