+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Sarxv

Apr 17, 2022
STORY OF MY JOURNEY:

• had no choice but to be a refugee in December 2019.

• court hearing in Aug 2020 with positive decision.

• I submitted my PR application in November 2020 with including my spouse in it.

• My PR application process started in 27 July 2021.

• Meanwhile in December 2021 my spouse received an email for Medical and biometric at the same time in December 15th of 2021 from Ankara embassy!

• He submitted his medical in December 20th of 2021.

• I received my PR in January 8th of 2022.

• Haven’t heard anything yet on my husband PR application after his medical result submission ( about 9 months…) and I’m so disappointed and upset!

• sent lot’s of email to IRCC, no reply yet.
• request at least 4times follow up through MP
and each time used COVID as an excuse for being slow!
• sent GCMS note, no reply yet.
• sent follow up email on GCMS, no reply yet.
• sent an email to the director of embassy, no reply yet!

* I promise no one tried hard as much as I did for my spouse and it was just a waste of energy and the result was just an endless pain as we haven’t seen each other about 4years!

WISH ME LUCK…

Last edited:
Reactions: Abtols and Yeto

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
STORY OF MY JOURNEY:

• had no choice but to be a refugee in December 2019.

• court hearing in Aug 2020 with positive decision.

• I submitted my PR application in November 2020 with including my spouse in it.

• My PR application process started in 27 July 2021.

• Meanwhile in December 2021 my spouse received an email for Medical and biometric at the same time in December 15th of 2021 from Ankara embassy!

• He submitted his medical in December 20th of 2021.

• I received my PR in January 8th of 2022.

• Haven’t heard anything yet on my husband PR application after his medical result submission ( about 9 months…) and I’m so disappointed and upset!

• sent lot’s of email to IRCC, no reply yet.
• request at least 4times follow up through MP
and each time used COVID as an excuse for being slow!
• sent GCMS note, no reply yet.
• sent follow up email on GCMS, no reply yet.
• sent an email to the director of embassy, no reply yet!

* I promise no one tried as much as I did for my spouse and it was just a waste of energy and the result was just an endless pain!

WISH ME LUCK…
All the best dear. Don’t despair. They are surely working on your file and you will have good news soon. By timeline, it won’t go beyond December 2022. Cheer up!

ibmjam

Mar 8, 2019
Hello guys,

Hope you are doing well, one of my friend came to Canada with his wife and applied for refugee.
Recently, they got the final decision but it was OK for his wife and unfortunately my friend got rejected and he applied for appeal.

Now, they are going to apply for PR as his wife was accepted but he got confused in some points.
IF someone can help us according to his experience for the following enquiry:

1- Do they need to attached the NOD with all attachment or only letter of NOD is good enough.
2- Do they need for police certificate as they were living in Saudi Arabia not in there home country and there resident ID is expired and can't issue police certificate.
3- For (Schedule 14), only his wife has to fill out the form but for him NO need because of his decision got rejected.

Thank you for your consideration in advance.

Regards.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello guys,

Hope you are doing well, one of my friend came to Canada with his wife and applied for refugee.
Recently, they got the final decision but it was OK for his wife and unfortunately my friend got rejected and he applied for appeal.

Now, they are going to apply for PR as his wife was accepted but he got confused in some points.
IF someone can help us according to his experience for the following enquiry:

1- Do they need to attached the NOD with all attachment or only letter of NOD is good enough.
2- Do they need for police certificate as they were living in Saudi Arabia not in there home country and there resident ID is expired and can't issue police certificate.
3- For (Schedule 14), only his wife has to fill out the form but for him NO need because of his decision got rejected.

Thank you for your consideration in advance.

Regards.
1. Only NOD letter. Same letter has been uploaded in gcms portal link to UCI #. You need to attach just a letter
2. For PP, this is not a requirement provided KSA is a country of persecution. For dependant who are not PP, this can be a requirement
3. Only wife who is PP

ibmjam

Mar 8, 2019
1. Only NOD letter. Same letter has been uploaded in gcms portal link to UCI #. You need to attach just a letter
2. For PP, this is not a requirement provided KSA is a country of persecution. For dependant who are not PP, this can be a requirement
3. Only wife who is PP
Thank you Simba.
Appreciate

visa forum

Aug 5, 2022
Could anyone inform me
I got pr Jan 2021
family oversea processing start Nov 2021
additional document submitted Dec 2021
Till now no news.
How long may take for my family overseas to get pr.No medical yet.

Sarxv

Apr 17, 2022
Could anyone inform me
I got pr Jan 2021
family oversea processing start Nov 2021
additional document submitted Dec 2021
Till now no news.
How long may take for my family overseas to get pr.No medical yet.
Exactly the same timeline, the only difference is just the medical request.
Additional doc, biometric and medical all has been requested in December 2021.
Still no news upon my spouse PR...
May I ask your visa office ?

ibmjam

Mar 8, 2019
Hello guys,
Can someone plz tell me the timeline of PR application submitted in 2022

Is it long process for a year or there possibility for less than that.

Thanks.

Sarxv

Apr 17, 2022
Hello guys,
Can someone plz tell me the timeline of PR application submitted in 2022

Is it long process for a year or there possibility for less than that.

Thanks.
I submitted my PR application on 20th November 2020 and I received my PR on January 2022( about 14 months).

ibmjam

Mar 8, 2019
I submitted my PR application on 20th November 2020 and I received my PR on January 2022( about 14 months).
Thank you Sarxv for your consideration, but my concern here is even after COVID they are taking this long time.
One of my friend just now he applied in Sep 2022.
Is it mean he will wait for 14 months.

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
If I change my address one province to other province So it will affect my hearing date or not which is coming in November this year? If any body know please let me know

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Guys I need your advice.

I got PR in June, 2022 but I have my husband outside Canada. What are his chances of getting a Canadian Tourist Visa to visit me and the kids while his PR processing is ongoing? His file was transferred to the visa office in May, 2022. Has anyone tried this?

mustafababiker

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
If I change my address one province to other province So it will affect my hearing date or not which is coming in November this year? If any body know please let me know
Yes if you transfer your file but you may not transfer your case and come back to your hearing if it is in person and attend from their if it is online