+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Hello please any advice,
My dependent overseas she did biometrics , asked for documents, after they asked for additional documents , after she did medical and it's show medical received thats about two months ago , is the medical last step? It's more time ?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hello please any advice,
My dependent overseas she did biometrics , asked for documents, after they asked for additional documents , after she did medical and it's show medical received thats about two months ago , is the medical last step? It's more time ?
What’s your timeline please.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Hello please any advice,
usually medical is last step but bunch of stuff was asked from your dependants so it will take extra time since they are mostly still checking for eligibility and background

weyt2020

Sep 11, 2022
Guys I need your advice.

I got PR in June, 2022 but I have my husband outside Canada. What are his chances of getting a Canadian Tourist Visa to visit me and the kids while his PR processing is ongoing? His file was transferred to the visa office in May, 2022. Has anyone tried this?
Hi @Orlando_Best
I think he can do because now you are PR and, possibly he is elligible for PR .
@selbashir has been successful. You can ask him.
But I think applying for visa can slow down his PR processing!
By the way, during your PR processing, when your children were asked to give biometric, were you asked too? or you didn't be asked?

Best

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
usually medical is last step but bunch of stuff was asked from your dependants so it will take extra time since they are mostly still checking for eligibility and background
Thank you , we live in Quebec they asked her for CSQ , we did applied for it but still in process , you think they will not finalize the application till we send CSQ ?

DAN14

Jun 3, 2016
Hi all,

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. Do any of you know if during protected person PR application you can apply at the same time for an spouse that is out of the country?

I'm not sure if the refugee must be permanent resident first or if both applications can be done at the same time.

Thanks for your help!

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi all,

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. Do any of you know if during protected person PR application you can apply at the same time for an spouse that is out of the country?

I'm not sure if the refugee must be permanent resident first or if both applications can be done at the same time.

Thanks for your help!
Both applications can be done at the same time. You can include all your dependents (you need to understand who dependents are but surely, husband or wife or children are dependents) in your application whether inside or outside Canada. My husband is outside Canada but I included him in my application for PR. They are presently processing his application.

Reactions: DAN14

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

Thanks for your help!
You need to include them but their PR applications only start being processed after yours has been finished.

Reactions: DAN14

DAN14

Jun 3, 2016
Both applications can be done at the same time. You can include all your dependents (you need to understand who dependents are but surely, husband or wife or children are dependents) in your application whether inside or outside Canada. My husband is outside Canada but I included him in my application for PR. They are presently processing his application.
Thank you so much for your reply! That's all that I needed to know.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi @Orlando_Best
I think he can do because now you are PR and, possibly he is elligible for PR .
@selbashir has been successful. You can ask him.
But I think applying for visa can slow down his PR processing!
By the way, during your PR processing, when your children were asked to give biometric, were you asked too? or you didn't be asked?

Best
Thank you for your response. No I wasn’t asked to give biometrics when the children were asked to.

LandofLivingSkies

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
Hello, @Sheekritee Did you received any updates yet? My friend's children also did medical and biometrics on July 2022, and it's updated on the IRCC website that, they received medical then no more updates. If you get any updates let us know, please. thank you.

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Do you link your overseas dependents to your IRCC account (they done medical and I tried to link and not working) or do do they get invitation to start an account ? Because we have no idea how can I see what is happening with them we are only waiting for VO to contact us