+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Eivar4311

Jun 11, 2022
So the issue was resolved and I received my eCOPR on June 24th.

See timeline below for accompanying family member that is overseas.

1. Application received on March 30, 2021
2. AOR received on April 28, 2021
3. Started processing application on September 27, 2021
4. Requested additional documents for accompanying family member on September 27, 2021
5. Additional documents submitted on October 19, 2021
6. Medical requested on June 10, 2022
7. Medical done on June 17, 2022 submitted on June 29th, updated on the portal as received on June 30th, 2022
8. Received a letter on July 11, 2022 stating a decision has been made and passport was requested at the High Commission in Jamaica. Passport submitted same day. Awaiting the completion of that process
Update re accompanying family member

Permanent Resident visa issued and passport as well as CoPR letter collected by spouse from the VAC in Kingston Jamaica on July 27, 2022

Apr 13, 2022
Protected persons Case

Application received July 31st 2020
Biometric on October 2020
1st Medical on April 2021
Additional medical for 1 person out of 4 in july
On june 2021 security verification
2nd Medical request for 3 out of 4 persons in May
2nd medical request for 1 person on july 5 with family verification form and additional family information
Medical done on 28th july
..........PLZ TELL ME WHEN CAN EXPECT PPR PLZ REPLY ME ASAP

Last edited:

mustafababiker

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Protected persons Case

Application received July 31st 2020
Biometric on October 2020
1st Medical on April 2021
Additional medical for 1 person out of 4 in july
On june 2021 security verification
2nd Medical request for 3 out of 4 persons in May
2nd medical request for 1 person on july 5 with family verification form and additional family information
Medical done on 28th july
..........PLZ TELL ME WHEN CAN EXPECT PPR PLZ REPLY ME ASAP
No one can tell you, for my family madical since 20 June and waiting for ppr since

May 6, 2022
this is going to be a long one so sorry for that
for context my dads is a refugee under the protected person class and we ( my mother , siblings and i) are his dependents oversea.
THIS IS MY MUMS APPLICATION TIMELINE THATS STATED ON THE WEBSITE:
-We received your application for permanent residence on December 17, 2019.
-We started processing your application on December 9, 2020.
-We sent you correspondence on January 13, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. ( that was the biometric fee )
END OF TIMELINE ON MY MUMS APPLICATION OVERSEAS.
MY FATHER'S TIMELINE IN CANADA :
-Medical results have been received.
-We sent you correspondence on January 13, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. ( they wanted extra documents)
-We sent you correspondence on June 2, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. ( for some reason its written in my dads but that was for us to send our documents and such overseas ) ( they received the file by mail on 1st of august )
-this was not written in the site but the visa office asked us for our bimotrics on 29/9 and we gave them sometime in october ( the dependents )
-We sent you a letter on May 6, 2022. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. ( im very confused about that letter because it basically told my dad that they sent his application to the humanitarian migration office in Montreal and that they will make the final decision on his APR even though hes a protected person not h&c so if anyone knows what that means please help ?)

we didn't hear from them since and its been almost a year since we sent our application overseas. do you guys think we're gonna get our medical exam letter after my father gets his pr , or is it the opposite? any help would be appreciated

Reactions: PrinceH

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
this is going to be a long one so sorry for that
for context my dads is a refugee under the protected person class and we ( my mother , siblings and i) are his dependents oversea.
THIS IS MY MUMS APPLICATION TIMELINE THATS STATED ON THE WEBSITE:
-We sent you correspondence on January 13, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. ( that was the biometric fee )
END OF TIMELINE ON MY MUMS APPLICATION OVERSEAS.
MY FATHER'S TIMELINE IN CANADA :
-Medical results have been received.
-We sent you correspondence on January 13, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. ( they wanted extra documents)
-We sent you correspondence on June 2, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. ( for some reason its written in my dads but that was for us to send our documents and such overseas ) ( they received the file by mail on 1st of august )
-this was not written in the site but the visa office asked us for our bimotrics on 29/9 and we gave them sometime in october ( the dependents )
-We sent you a letter on May 6, 2022. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. ( im very confused about that letter because it basically told my dad that they sent his application to the humanitarian migration office in Montreal and that they will make the final decision on his APR even though hes a protected person not h&c so if anyone knows what that means please help ?)

we didn't hear from them since and its been almost a year since we sent our application overseas. do you guys think we're gonna get our medical exam letter after my father gets his pr , or is it the opposite? any help would be appreciated
which outside Canada office is processing your application usually the protected person gets PR first and then dependants get medical letter. But these days totally random.

May 6, 2022
which outside Canada office is processing your application usually the protected person gets PR first and then dependants get medical letter. But these days totally random.
cairo vo , and from what ive seen on here supposedely cairo is really fast in processing so idk why ours is taking so long

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
cairo vo , and from what ive seen on here supposedely cairo is really fast in processing so idk why ours is taking so long
i hope it goes fast for you. You should also order GCMS notes

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
thank you! what are gcms notes and where can i order them ?
GCMS notes show you exactly what is going on your file. They document each step they take while processing.

It is better to request it from Canada Boarder Service Agency (CBSA).

You should be able to request it here.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Please follow the steps on how to exactly request it through the youtube videos and websites where it explain everything in details. Do not submit until you make sure all information are correct. You should use a consent form (Authorization) and choose certain answers when completing it. It is not complicated but make sure you do it right. And remember, request it only from CBSA.

IRCC take forever to send it and sometimes they dont.

Good luck

Carolina1987

Jun 30, 2022
Hi, does anyone know how long can take for PPR after medical and proof of relationship? Here is the timeline:

PA PR : July 2021
Spouse app:
App received: November 2019
App started processing: November 2020
Criminal Record requested: June 2021
App sent to Mexico: June 2021
Biometrics done: October 2021
Criminality and elegibility: January 2022
June 22, 2022: Request medical and proof
June 28: Medical done and proof sent

thank you
Update:

July 25: Received email from IRCC saying they were reviewing the documents
July 30: Pre arrival services
August 01: App status changed from « in process » to « decision made »
August 01: PPR
August 04: Passport sent

visa forum

Aug 5, 2022
“This application is currently pending review by an officer” can anyone please tell me what does it mean and how long may need to approve for ovearses dependent pr application.I got this update from visa office .I got this update after enquiry.

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
“This application is currently pending review by an officer” can anyone please tell me what does it mean and how long may need to approve for ovearses dependent pr application.I got this update from visa office .I got this update after enquiry.
Could you please tell me what kind of inquiry did you do?

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Hello, my wife's application overseas she done the medical, i live in Quebec and the embassy asked her for CSQ but till now we didn't get it , my question that embassy wil finalize her application without CSQ or we we have to get CSQ and send it to them to be able to finalize the application?