+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Carolina1987

Jun 30, 2022
Hi, does anyone know how long can take for PPR after medical and proof of relationship? Here is the timeline:

PA PR : July 2021
Spouse app:
App received: November 2019
App started processing: November 2020
Criminal Record requested: June 2021
App sent to Mexico: June 2021
Biometrics done: October 2021
Criminality and elegibility: January 2022
June 22, 2022: Request medical and proof
June 28: Medical done and proof sent

thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: PrinceH

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Quick update. IRCC responded and we worked through an issue where they did not update my name after marriage for it to be reflected on my form.

Full access granted on portal for me to confirm presence and upload photo on June 24, 2022.
Confirmed presence in Canada, uploaded photo and updated address on June 26, 2022.
Received eCOPR on June 27, 2022.

Medical for my spouse was submitted today.
Congratulations

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Hi, does anyone know how long can take for PPR after medical and proof of relationship? Here is the timeline:

PA PR : July 2021
Spouse app:
App received: November 2019
App started processing: November 2020
Criminal Record requested: June 2021
App sent to Mexico: June 2021
Biometrics done: October 2021
Criminality and elegibility: January 2022
June 22, 2022: Request medical and proof
June 28: Medical done and proof sent

thank you
Hi Carolina,

It’s vary based on the VO and almost not fixed at all, normally it might take up to one year to get pre arrival letter and decision made status then PPR request, while some people will be lucky and get all process done within few months only

It’s kind of a nightmare being separated from your family members, let’s have real hope to be reunited very soon

Best of luck to all of us

Carolina1987

Jun 30, 2022
Hi Carolina,

It’s vary based on the VO and almost not fixed at all, normally it might take up to one year to get pre arrival letter and decision made status then PPR request, while some people will be lucky and get all process done within few months only

It’s kind of a nightmare being separated from your family members, let’s have real hope to be reunited very soon

Best of luck to all of us
Hi Prince, thank you… let’s hope for the best. I hope everybody receives news soon.

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
Hello everyone,
Is there anyone dealing with Manila visa office? My son's biometric and others forms were send in last week of April. They didn’t ask for medical yet. How long it will take to request medical? Thank you

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
So today I received a request for my spouse (overseas) to submit docs to their local VO, what is expected next? I have not received my Pr yet
Means yours is almost complete. Expect approval email for you (Principle applicant in Canada) anytime soon! Congrats

Reactions: Hws24

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Means yours is almost complete. Expect approval email for you (Principle applicant in Canada) anytime soon! Congrats
Thank you! I hope everything is back to normal and all get good news.
So after my approval I expect my husband to receive medical exam request? I am just wondering what more steps are needed and how many years this will take after this stage

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Thank you! I hope everything is back to normal and all get good news.
So after my approval I expect my husband to receive medical exam request? I am just wondering what more steps are needed and how many years this will take after this stage
If the requested documents from spouse are all complete, they usually send biometrics instruction letter after few months. If your spouse has biometrics that are valid in the IRCC system, they do not send a new one. The following request would be medical exam request which is usually the last request before passport request.

Here is to check biometrics validity:
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

Which visa office is processing your spouse application?

Reactions: Hws24

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
If the requested documents from spouse are all complete, they usually send biometrics instruction letter after few months. If your spouse has biometrics that are valid in the IRCC system, they do not send a new one. The following request would be medical exam request which is usually the last request before passport request.

Here is to check biometrics validity:
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

Which visa office is processing your spouse application?
Beirut VO, my guess he will not be asked for medical until me & my children receive the PR? they requested our medical in Canada today and we will submit them next week. seems they are working again in IRCC~ month # 44 of waiting and still counting~ Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: MOHAMMEDN

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Beirut VO, my guess he will not be asked for medical until me & my children receive the PR? they requested our medical in Canada today and we will submit them next week. seems they are working again in IRCC~ month # 44 of waiting and still counting~ Good luck to everyone!
It is not always necessary for your husband to receive medical after you get your PR. It really depends on the VO processing steps they follow. In most cases the medical request is the last thing before final approval.

The only office I know that request medical in advance is Ankara VO. They request medicals once they receive the documents from the applicant, but they take 6-7 months sometimes longer after receiving medicals for finalizing the application.

On the other hand, Abu Dhabi VO request the documents, then they process the application for the 6-7 months usually longer, and their last step would be medical before the final approval.

The last VO is London, which does the same as Abu Dhabi.

The wait has almost come to an end for you.
When did you originally applied for you and your husband at the office in Canada?

Eivar4311

Jun 11, 2022
So I received my pre arrival letter on June 11th and an email on June 13th advising me that my application was approved and responded to that email with the details for them to creat my profile on portal.

I received my portal login today, June 17th but in pure IRCC fashion, when I changed the password and logged in they did not link my application to the profile so I’m not able to confirm my address or upload a pic for my PR card.
So the issue was resolved and I received my eCOPR on June 24th.

See timeline below for accompanying family member that is overseas.

1. Application received on March 30, 2021
2. AOR received on April 28, 2021
3. Started processing application on September 27, 2021
4. Requested additional documents for accompanying family member on September 27, 2021
5. Additional documents submitted on October 19, 2021
6. Medical requested on June 10, 2022
7. Medical done on June 17, 2022 submitted on June 29th, updated on the portal as received on June 30th, 2022
8. Received a letter on July 11, 2022 stating a decision has been made and passport was requested at the High Commission in Jamaica. Passport submitted same day. Awaiting the completion of that process

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
How long does it take for a protected person’s spouse to get updates after an interview??
What do you mean by interview?

usually overseas family members send their documents to visa office and they get biometrics, medical and passport requests within a timeline which’s vary between VO to another

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
What do you mean by interview?

usually overseas family members send their documents to visa office and they get biometrics, medical and passport requests within a timeline which’s vary between VO to another
Yes but mine was different as am also a migrant not only spouse.so i got an interview now its a month since my interview