+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Which VOC, can you please share your timeline?
Accra
Submitted family forms to VO March 2021
Asked again for resubmission in Oct 2021
Medical request & pre arrival letter Feb 25 2022
Medical done in March 2022
ADR in April 2022
Ecas changed to Decision Made June 23, 2022
I don't know what to expect....???
Any Idea on next steps?

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Accra
Submitted family forms to VO March 2021
Asked again for resubmission in Oct 2021
Medical request & pre arrival letter Feb 25 2022
Medical done in March 2022
ADR in April 2022
Ecas changed to Decision Made June 23, 2022
I don't know what to expect....???
Any Idea on next steps?
Congratulations
Next step should be PPR ASAP give it few days . Best of luck bro

Reactions: Chrislo77

Eivar4311

Jun 11, 2022
So I received my pre arrival letter on June 11th and an email on June 13th advising me that my application was approved and responded to that email with the details for them to creat my profile on portal.

I received my portal login today, June 17th but in pure IRCC fashion, when I changed the password and logged in they did not link my application to the profile so I’m not able to confirm my address or upload a pic for my PR card.
Quick update. IRCC responded and we worked through an issue where they did not update my name after marriage for it to be reflected on my form.

Full access granted on portal for me to confirm presence and upload photo on June 24, 2022.
Confirmed presence in Canada, uploaded photo and updated address on June 26, 2022.
Received eCOPR on June 27, 2022.

Medical for my spouse was submitted today.

Reactions: sohaib1 and PrinceH

Usama Z

Sep 23, 2015
Hi Everyone, I’ve a question that refugees aren’t allowed to travel back home country until they get citizenship. My question is that overseas dependent who just landed as permanent resident is gonna face the same situation like he cant go back to their home country until they get citizenship? Sorry I am asking this question again because my lawyer just confirmed that its better not to go before Citizenship. Does anyone has the similar case?

Reactions: PrinceH

Nutam

Jun 28, 2022
PA got PR Jan 2022. Applied with overseas dependent Jan 2021.Can anyone give some information how long it take for overseas dependent to get medical request/passport request.Computer tell you donot need medical no need interview no need biometric.review of your background check has not started yet in SIN office

cet

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
PA got PR Jan 2022. Applied with overseas dependent Jan 2021.Can anyone give some information how long it take for overseas dependent to get medical request/passport request.Computer tell you donot need medical no need interview no need biometric.review of your background check has not started yet in SIN office
For current pace, workload and experience; if you are pilot project region, your process will be completed in a year, after PR !. If you are not, it would take around 18 months. Folllow the posts. You will track the progresses

Reactions: PrinceH and Norijal

hassan905

May 7, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July 2014
Nomination.....
25th Nov 2014(PER)
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
18th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived alhamdullilah
Passport Req..
6th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
Any update for anyone ? What can be done after sending imm 0153 forms ? how long will it take ?

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Hi Everyone, I’ve a question that refugees aren’t allowed to travel back home country until they get citizenship. My question is that overseas dependent who just landed as permanent resident is gonna face the same situation like he cant go back to their home country until they get citizenship? Sorry I am asking this question again because my lawyer just confirmed that its better not to go before Citizenship. Does anyone has the similar case?
Overseas dependants can go back no problem

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
As PA I got my PR back in July 2021
But my family since 24th June last year after submitting all requested forms and completed medical and biometrics are still waiting unfortunately

MP doesn’t help
Complaining to PM and Minister office doesn’t help
Contacted the VO doesn’t help

In Allah we trust, keep the hope
What forms did you submit and who asked you to submit them? I ask because my husband is my only dependent outside Canada. IRCC contacted him directly and sent him all the necessary forms to fill. He submitted the forms in January 2022 and I just received my eCoPR this June. However, in my eligibility letter, it was stated that his file has been transferred to the oversea visa office that will continue the processing. His eCAS which was showing “in process” now shows “application received”

Do I need to do anything further or just wait?

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
What forms did you submit and who asked you to submit them? I ask because my husband is my only dependent outside Canada. IRCC contacted him directly and sent him all the necessary forms to fill. He submitted the forms in January 2022 and I just received my eCoPR this June. However, in my eligibility letter, it was stated that his file has been transferred to the oversea visa office that will continue the processing. His eCAS which was showing “in process” now shows “application received”

Application received status means the overseas office received the file you/you spouse sent them. Nothing more to do, only to wait for them to send biometrics and medicals once processing is almost complete

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020

Nothing to do until they asked him for Medical or Biometrics

Just pray to be fast process, my family did their medical and biometrics back in June 2021 and we are still waiting for almost year and counting to get PPR request, let’s hope it will be soon for us all

Reactions: Sam2222

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Overseas family are not considered refugee by any chance and they can travel to home country anytime, most of overseas families were already living in their home country waiting for PR process to be done

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
For current pace, workload and experience; if you are pilot project region, your process will be completed in a year, after PR !. If you are not, it would take around 18 months. Folllow the posts. You will track the progresses
It’s vary based on the visa office itself some cases get their process done within few months and others like us are waiting for almost a year now