+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Reactions: Applicantpak

setiyer

Feb 22, 2022
Hello everyone.

The announcement made by immigration minister regarding family reunification that the spouse of principal applicant who are outside canada can apply for open work permit..
Is this announcement applies to our case? Can an outland dependent(spouse) apply for OWP? Thanks

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Hello everyone.

The announcement made by immigration minister regarding family reunification that the spouse of principal applicant who are outside canada can apply for open work permit..
Is this announcement applies to our case? Can an outland dependent(spouse) apply for OWP? Thanks
i don't think it applies outside Canada, I think inside Canada only

Yeto

Apr 20, 2022
My family's (back in Nigeria) docs (Marriage Cert, Police fingerprints, kids Birth Cert) were requested by the Canadian High Commission in Ghana in 2021 after i got my PR in April 2021. I I included them in my PR Application. My wife submitted the requested docs since May 2021 but till now, no information concerning their application. i emailed them twice asking why the application is taking much longer than expected but was told it is in queue for a review and that nothing needs to be done at the moment. i am getting tired and frustrated because it will be a year since she submitted these documents.

Can anyone in similar situation please tell me if there's another way to get more info about this application?

I am the principal applicant residing in Canada,

Thanks

Yeto

Apr 20, 2022
Same here ,I got my PR last July and submitted my spouse application to Accra. I only got AOR with application number, I haven't heard back from them since then. What is the exact timeline for Dependant PR application?

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Same here ,I got my PR last July and submitted my spouse application to Accra. I only got AOR with application number, I haven't heard back from them since then. What is the exact timeline for Dependant PR application?
I do not think there is specific processing time for the dependents PR application, and it is not on first come basis too, I wish there is someone who give us more information on how they process or what is the timeline of their process~its vague.

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
My family's (back in Nigeria) docs (Marriage Cert, Police fingerprints, kids Birth Cert) were requested by the Canadian High Commission in Ghana in 2021 after i got my PR in April 2021. I I included them in my PR Application. My wife submitted the requested docs since May 2021 but till now, no information concerning their application. i emailed them twice asking why the application is taking much longer than expected but was told it is in queue for a review and that nothing needs to be done at the moment. i am getting tired and frustrated because it will be a year since she submitted these documents.

Can anyone in similar situation please tell me if there's another way to get more info about this application?

Has there been any new development with your spouse's application till date?

I am the principal applicant residing in Canada,

Thanks

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Did you apply online?

Annixx

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 29, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on November 9, 2021.
  3. We sent you correspondence on February 16, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. Prearrival letter Feb 23, 2022.
VO: Paris
no update till now.

i thought PPR comes immediately after Pre-arrival letter?
DECISION MADE: MAY 6TH 2022

When will PPR come after DM?

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
DECISION MADE: MAY 6TH 2022

When will PPR come after DM?
i think next week you will get ppr. Usually after decision made it’s instant but not always so you will get something next week and congratulations

May 6, 2022
hello everyone !
my dad entered Canada late 2017 , and became a protected person. he then applied for permanent residency as a refugee late 2019. my mum , siblings and i are all still in our home country but we were on his application. they started processing the application in late 2020. we finally got a response for us back home in july 2021 , and we sent in the asked documents in August , we didn't get another response till October where we were asked to give our bimotrics. we still haven't heard from them even though its been 7 months. from my understanding our next step is to give our medical exam right ? but from all the cases ive seen they almost always get asked for the bimotrics with the exam or the exam before bimotrics so would we even have to give it now ? and once again from what i know for a medical exam to get processed it takes a few months. so i feel like with how long we've waited and if we were to give the exams it would take a year if not more for us to be able to finally move to Canada. so that would mean it took 3 years for us to get accepted as prs. and another thing on the site the last update the site has is " we sent you a correspondence in july" even tho they sent to us again in october for the bimotrics , is this something to worry about ? so i need some advice on what to do now , should i contact ircc about how long its taking even though they most probably won't respond ? would we have to give a medical exam ? and is that long of a wait normal ? i know i talked a lot but i have no one else to help with this and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
hello everyone !
my dad entered Canada late 2017 , and became a protected person. he then applied for permanent residency as a refugee late 2019. my mum , siblings and i are all still in our home country but we were on his application. they started processing the application in late 2020. we finally got a response for us back home in july 2021 , and we sent in the asked documents in August , we didn't get another response till October where we were asked to give our bimotrics. we still haven't heard from them even though its been 7 months. from my understanding our next step is to give our medical exam right ? but from all the cases ive seen they almost always get asked for the bimotrics with the exam or the exam before bimotrics so would we even have to give it now ? and once again from what i know for a medical exam to get processed it takes a few months. so i feel like with how long we've waited and if we were to give the exams it would take a year if not more for us to be able to finally move to Canada. so that would mean it took 3 years for us to get accepted as prs. and another thing on the site the last update the site has is " we sent you a correspondence in july" even tho they sent to us again in october for the bimotrics , is this something to worry about ? so i need some advice on what to do now , should i contact ircc about how long its taking even though they most probably won't respond ? would we have to give a medical exam ? and is that long of a wait normal ? i know i talked a lot but i have no one else to help with this and any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Yes, you should contact them and address each date you received a request from them and the date for your submission of each request. You can also mention your father original submission date to your applications.

Biometrics request does not show any updates on your account/profile status.
You can check the biometrics validity here only.
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

The next step is usually medicals. However, make sure to contact IRCC using webform that is specified for the Visa Office processing your applications. May I ask which Visa office is processing the files?

Good luck

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
hello everyone !
Which Visa Office is Processing your Application?

Is your Dad PR already?

Depending on office that is processing your file it can take anywhere from 1-3 years of processing. It also depends how clear your application is (like is it filled correctly, no mistakes etc.) They usally ask for biometrics first and after that they check your eligibility and background. Once those are cleared they send medical.