+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is a different situation and is unlikely apply to protected people. Closures, lack of in person appointments,backlogs, slow processing times are likely to be what is slowing down your application.

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
KatbiyaNazi did u receive any news or update after medical ?
I m still waiting after submission my medical on 5th July 2021. How much time they will take to send passport request? Any idea?
My family completed medical 7th July and They updated online that medical received. Now waiting for next step biometric? Or passport? It’s VO Singapore

Reactions: Arbz

Amourcanada

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
Bon après-midi à tous. Ma famille a envoyé leur document à Dakar , sénégal. J'aimerais savoir si quelqu'un a l'expérience sur leur qualité de service ( rapidité ou lenteur). Merci beaucoup d'avance.

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Yeah don’t worry. My lawyer sent them our new marriage certificate by email and then after 3 months I asked them if they received it or not because I haven’t heard anything from them. They said no they didn’t receive it, but I ordered GCMS notes and it shows that they received it. Then few days later I received pre arrival services email and they asked for biometrics.
@Noraalzomor,

I just got another email confirmation that they have received my out of Canada dependants forms. I guess that settles it.

Thanks for the support.

Waiting for DM

Reactions: Jahprovideesp

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
I would like to know answers to the following questions:

1. How long does it take, roughly, to get DM after medical passed?

2. How long does it take to get PPR after DM?

3. Should the inland principle applicant get the plastic card first so the overseas dependents can get DM and PPR?

Thanks

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
I would like to know answers to the following questions:

1. How long does it take, roughly, to get DM after medical passed?

2. How long does it take to get PPR after DM?

3. Should the inland principle applicant get the plastic card first so the overseas dependents can get DM and PPR?

Thanks
1: its hard to tell when will you get DM, after medical maybe 2-3 months….
2:you will get PPR relatively quick after DM, i’d assume 1-2 weeks max
3: not necessarily, there is a high chance you will get it both together, or you first.

Reactions: imadeddin

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
My Spouse and child Just got COPR and PPR request.
No biometrics were ever asked.
Medical was requested May 10th.
Medical received June 9th.

PPR request received July 30th.

That's all for now.
Will keep you lot updated.

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
My Spouse and child Just got COPR and PPR request.
No biometrics were ever asked.
Medical was requested May 10th.
Medical received June 9th.

PPR request received July 30th.

That's all for now.
Will keep you lot updated.
Do you already have your plastic card?

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Hello guys, Please i have these questions to ask.

1. How will IRCC communicate me about my outland spouse process since my GCKEY and Ecas account is showing completed.
2. I sent my spouse documents to Accra Ghana VO two weeks ago. How do i communicate to them about this? is it through IRCC Webform or accra webform?
3. Should i Use my UCI number to message them or my spouse own?

4. I mailed my outland spouse documents 2 weeks ago. Is it too late to also send it to them via email now? Please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited: