+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Hi, I got my PR and I send all required documents for permanent residence for my husband to Vienna office. In one week they are open his file and asked for medical exam and same day they sent to him pre arrival letter. He don't need any biometrics because he passed it 2 years ago then it is still working. Last week he got medical exam and we send them email that he passed it. Then what time line usually after medical exam?? Usually how long need time for get passport request??
I am in the same situation and I wish I could know when they would request my family's passorts?? My wife received a pre arrival letter and passed the medical examination and she does not need to give her biometrics because she had it two years ago. All that happened within one week of submitting her docs. Did your husband get an eligibility letter after medical passed? When did you apply for pr? Please let me know. Thanks

Samer88

Star Member
May 16, 2019
March 2019 applicant
All passed except security!
I submitted my family application last November to the overseas visa office, two days ago they sent an email asking for the application again!
Has anyone experienced something like this?!

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
March 2019 applicant
All passed except security!
I submitted my family application last November to the overseas visa office, two days ago they sent an email asking for the application again!
Has anyone experienced something like this?!
Yes, me! After one week of submitting their application, I got an email asking me to send everything again. After that, I got a medical request for them. Just go ahead and send them what they need. You do not have other options.

Reactions: Samer88

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Can you share what were the correspondences before PPR? Medical, interview?
Thank you
1. Forms + Civil documents received at Dar es salaam visa office on 17th November 2020
2. Jan12th2021 Additional documents requested
3. Jan 13th 2021 Medical request
4. Jan 21 Medical done
5. Pre arrival services letter May 13th
6. Passport request today June 3 2021

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
1. Forms + Civil documents received at Dar es salaam visa office on 17th November 2020
2. Jan12th2021 Additional documents requested
3. Jan 13th 2021 Medical request
4. Jan 21 Medical done
5. Pre arrival services letter May 13th
6. Passport request today June 3 2021
My wife got all that within one week. She sent all docs and after a week she got a pre arrival services letter and a medical request. Her medical request is done too. Do you think her PPR would be soon? Based on your experience?

Reactions: tessytessy

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
My wife got all that within one week. She sent all docs and after a week she got a pre arrival services letter and a medical request. Her medical request is done too. Do you think her PPR would be soon? Based on your experience?
All i know is that if an pplicant receive pre arrival services letter that means the eligibility has been evaluated and it is passed, in other words your relation is genuine if also criminality and security are passed then very soon wait for PPR, so in all those steps the only thing that means something important is the pre arrival services letter

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Why are some offices fast while others are extremely slow. Submitted documents to Accra since December 2020 and no medical request, nothing.

• Sad
Reactions: Ex ツ

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
All i know is that if an pplicant receive pre arrival services letter that means the eligibility has been evaluated and it is passed, in other words your relation is genuine if also criminality and security are passed then very soon wait for PPR, so in all those steps the only thing that means something important is the pre arrival services letter
Thank you for sharing the details. Much appreciated.
BTW, did your spouse check the pre-arrival services? I am not sure how beneficial they are.

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Good luck dear and please keep us posted.
My spouse recently got asked for Medical Examination.
Please after your spouse was asked for medical exams, what followed next? Am curious to know because since I added my spouse to my PR application, IRCC haven't sent me a confirmation or even updated myCIC account. Am not sure when they will ask for her medical exams. I added her since April 2021. Its frustrating