+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
So if the main applicant becomes a PR, how long does it take for the dependent spouse that is outside of Canada to get an update? Please respond.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Time vary, depends on VO and background check. I was told between 4-6 months however I’ve been waiting for 6 months without any update
Yah , It’s frustrating. As I know the average is 4-6 months for whole process but in my case I’m now almost four months and half and still in process . I don’t know if they’ll ask me for midical or they’ll consider the one I did infront. Also if bimotrics needed or not . I know PPR will need minimum two weeks for COPR. This will add another month to finilze so I don’t know if I can make it within 6 months or I’ll exceed it.

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Yah , It’s frustrating. As I know the average is 4-6 months for whole process but in my case I’m now almost four months and half and still in process . I don’t know if they’ll ask me for midical or they’ll consider the one I did infront. Also if bimotrics needed or not . I know PPR will need minimum two weeks for COPR. This will add another month to finilze so I don’t know if I can make it within 6 months or I’ll exceed it.
As I know they should ask for biometrics to issue visa and they will ask for medical if you passed one year. Have you sent them follow up email ??

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
I’m not sure if the processing time starts from the day the main applicant receives DM or signs the CoPR. Does anyone have an idea?

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I’m not sure if the processing time starts from the day the main applicant receives DM or signs the CoPR. Does anyone have an idea?
I was told it starts when main applicant signs COPR.
It’s confusing, if you check the application online it shows the processing starts when the main applicant added the dependent

Reactions: live&love

Bakhadur

Jul 24, 2017
Here is my timeline for my overseas dependents (VO Ankara):
March 6, 2019 - My AIP
March 12, 2019 - Request from Ankara for overseas dependents forms, med exams, PCCs
March 23, 2019 - Submission of requested forms, med exams and PCCs
April 6, 2019 - My landing
May 28, 2019 - Pre-arrival services
July 11, 2019 - REQUEST FOR SUBMISSION OF PASSPORT

I am a June 2017 Applicant

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
March 6, 2019 - My AIP
March 12, 2019 - Request from Ankara for overseas dependents forms, med exams, PCCs

Congratulations, this is good news :):) hope good news for rest of us coming soon

Reactions: Bakhadur

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
March 6, 2019 - My AIP

Congratulations, I apologize to ask these questions
is it a new marriage ??
What’s you nationality
How’s overseas wife or husband
I asked because I really have hard time for my application

Last edited:

Bakhadur

Jul 24, 2017
Congratulations, I apologize to ask these questions
is it a new marriage ??
What’s you nationality
How’s overseas wife or husband
I asked because I really have hard time for my application
Hi, here is some info I can divulge:
- it is not a new marriage, +20 years of the due legal marriage and kids;
- Wife is overseas, husband in Canada

It is gonna be all right with your case too, good luck!