+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas family joining online oath ceremony?

UKVAN

Sep 26, 2022
Does anyone know if it's possible for overseas family members (or even those not in the same room as you physically) to join the online oath ceremony? The email invite doesn't mention it and I can't seem to get an answer from IRCC.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

UKVAN

Sep 26, 2022
Ah, that's a real shame. My family were going to fly if it was in person, but just join online for an online one. :(

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
Ah, that's a real shame. My family were going to fly if it was in person, but just join online for an online one. :(
Though you maybe asked not to share the link, for obvious reasons, I don't see why you couldn't join two calls, e.g. the oath Zoom call and a family MS Teams call. You can then share your screen with your family and just put them on mute. I haven't explored the technical feasibility of this but worth trying (and cheaper than a flight across the Atlantic).

Congrats!

UKVAN

Sep 26, 2022
Though you maybe asked not to share the link, for obvious reasons, I don't see why you couldn't join two calls, e.g. the oath Zoom call and a family MS Teams call. You can then share your screen with your family and just put them on mute. I haven't explored the technical feasibility of this but worth trying (and cheaper than a flight across the Atlantic).

Congrats!
Oh that's a really good idea! I can't imagine any reason this wouldn't work on a technical level, bandwidth depending. I'll experiment!

Reactions: Mounat

UKVAN

Sep 26, 2022
Update: This totally worked. I had a teams meeting running (muted and camera off but shared screen) for my family members who couldn't be physically in the room with me. They could see and hear the oath.

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
Update: This totally worked. I had a teams meeting running (muted and camera off but shared screen) for my family members who couldn't be physically in the room with me. They could see and hear the oath.
That's great news. Congrats, again!