Nov 18, 2020
Hi All,

I need your suggestions, I have following details:

Mtech: [Full Time - India]
May 2014 to May 2016

Job: [All full time - India]
job1: Dec 2013 to July 2014
job2: March 2015 to Sept 2016

My question is if I show this work experience it will over lap with my Masters and for this Masters I am claiming my points.

How should I mention this in my personal history?

1) Masters for the time period and for job 1 showing as unemployed as here 2 months are overlapping.
2) Showing Masters as well as the job experiences [Job1 and Job2] i.e showing the overlaps.

Thanks

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi All,

May 2014 to May 2016

My question is if I show this work experience it will over lap with my Masters and for this Masters I am claiming my points.

1) Masters for the time period and for job 1 showing as unemployed as here 2 months are overlapping.
2) Showing Masters as well as the job experiences [Job1 and Job2] i.e showing the overlaps.

Thanks
You can show work experience and study together, if it was done outside Canada.

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hi All,

May 2014 to May 2016

Thanks
Foreign work experience obtained during a period of study (even if enrolled in full-time studies) is eligible for foreign work experience points under Express Entry’s Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Foreign work experience completed while studying is also eligible work experience for the purpose of the Federal Skilled Worker Program and Federal Skilled Trades Program.

The restriction that work experience must not coincide with full-time studies is only relevant to the Canadian Experience Class Program and the points awarded for Canadian work experience under Express Entry’s CRS.

This restriction is not found in the Regulations as it pertains to the qualifying work experience for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP). As a result, an individual’s Canadian work experience while enrolled as a full-time student can count towards the eligibility requirements of the FSWP or FST. Nonetheless, the candidate will not be awarded any points for Canadian work experience or foreign work experience under Express Entry.

PriyankaPratik

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
You can show work experience and study together, if it was done outside Canada.
Hi,

I am also currently working full time in India and will start my online course from May (Canada study).
If my this work experience and Canada study overlaps for 1-2 months will this impact my PGWP for EE profile further while applying PR?

Due to this pandemic, unable to travel to Canada hence i am continuing to work until i am able to travel.
Also i have 9 yrs IT exp hence i cannot afford to hide my work experience while making EE profile.

sun0804

May 11, 2024
Hi All,

May 2014 to May 2016

Thanks
Hi,

May I know what did you do for this scenario? Did you get PR?