Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Seniors Please help,

I have recently submitted my application for PR to IRCC online.
I have overlapping dates for employment for 2 organisations I have worked for as follows:

Company X: relieving date is 29th July 2015 &
Company Y: Joining date is 27th July 2015

These are genuine dates in company records and have been included in the employment reference letter as well. This is because of the fact that I was serving my notice period in my first company till 29th with no obligation whatsoever and meanwhile i got the offer from the second company with joining date as 27th July.
So I had completed all joining formalities on 27th and post that cleared all relieving formalities from my previous employer on 29th July and post that i moved to my new work location on 30th. (This reflects in my address/personal history also wherein you need to put dates in dd//mm/yyyy format.

I haven't included a letter of explanation regarding the same though.
Will this raise a red flag by any chance. or can i notify CIC bout the same now by any chance. all employee reference letters (with pay stubs) are genuine and have been issued by the respective HR depts.

Rest all of the documents/information etc are also in perfect shape.

atul1210

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Seniors Please help,

I have recently submitted my application for PR to IRCC online.
I have overlapping dates for employment for 2 organisations I have worked for as follows:

Company X: relieving date is 29th July 2015 &
Company Y: Joining date is 27th July 2015

These are genuine dates in company records and have been included in the employment reference letter as well. This is because of the fact that I was serving my notice period in my first company till 29th with no obligation whatsoever and meanwhile i got the offer from the second company with joining date as 27th July.
So I had completed all joining formalities on 27th and post that cleared all relieving formalities from my previous employer on 29th July and post that i moved to my new work location on 30th. (This reflects in my address/personal history also wherein you need to put dates in dd//mm/yyyy format.

I haven't included a letter of explanation regarding the same though.
Will this raise a red flag by any chance. or can i notify CIC bout the same now by any chance. all employee reference letters (with pay stubs) are genuine and have been issued by the respective HR depts.

Rest all of the documents/information etc are also in perfect shape.
Hi Donald

HOW did u address this issue in the end and at what stage u r currently

I would recommend others respond as well, but the work history section only asks for Month and Year for employment date ranges. I suspect it should be okay, but I may be wrong.

donald70fms

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
I didn't face any problem for the same. and I was issued PPR in 23 days post my application.
what I can make of the same is probably:
1. they wud have cross checked it with the company and found no deviations.
2. they understand the concerns of these types and consider them not be of any issue that can hamper CIC rules
3. or both

so just follow what seniors suggest : be truthful in your application no matter how much absurd they might sound. AS REALITY IS ALWAYS STRANGER THAN FICTION.

Reactions: 8494193

donald70fms

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Hi Donald

HOW did u address this issue in the end and at what stage u r currently
I would recommend others respond as well, but the work history section only asks for Month and Year for employment date ranges. I suspect it should be okay, but I may be wrong.
yes u are correct.
but my apprehension at that time was the dates were explicitly put in the employment reference letters and I thought the VOs assessing my application might raise some concern just by going through the reference letters by saying " how can one be working for 2 companies at the same time." but then the overlap was of 2 days and the rest probably wud have been as i mentioned in my previous post.

yes u are correct.
but my apprehension at that time was the dates were explicitly put in the employment reference letters and I thought the VOs assessing my application might raise some concern just by going through the reference letters by saying " how can one be working for 2 companies at the same time." but then the overlap was of 2 days and the rest probably wud have been as i mentioned in my previous post.
That makes sense :)