+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overcapacity Conestoga September 2021

Vishwa Nair

Jun 19, 2021
Hey!! Can anyone guide us on what basis did the college gave away my seat even though I had paid the deposit fee of $1500?

i am so confused as I was on the verge of approving my loan. I wasn’t even near the deadline when they asked me to either defer the course or change to some other September courses (which were very irrelevant to what I wish to study)

can anyone help me out?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hey!! Can anyone guide us on what basis did the college gave away my seat even though I had paid the deposit fee of $1500?

i am so confused as I was on the verge of approving my loan. I wasn’t even near the deadline when they asked me to either defer the course or change to some other September courses (which were very irrelevant to what I wish to study)

can anyone help me out?
Unfortunately I dont think we can help you out or change your college decision. It is past May 15 for fall intake. They can refund your deposit or use it against next intake

Sharma sanchi56

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020

can anyone help me out?
Same happened with me

Shree1992

Jun 20, 2021
What next then ? many students are stuck, they might say seats are full for Jan. Did you emailed to college ? What do they say

Jun 22, 2021
Maybe they removed your seat because you didn't pay the tuition fee in time or keep them updated about your status. Another student probably completed his/her entire admission paying full fee before you.

Shree1992

Jun 20, 2021
Maybe they removed your seat because you didn't pay the tuition fee in time or keep them updated about your status. Another student probably completed his/her entire admission paying full fee before you.
It is not the case, tuition fee of one year have been paid before the deadline, but we are unaware of PPR ? What is it ? What might be the reasons they are doing it? This is the email they sent.

Date: Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 10:58 PM
Subject: Overcapacity Conestoga College Fall 2021
To: International Office <InternationalOffice@conestogac.on.ca>

Greetings from the International Office at Conestoga College.

Conestoga is proud to deliver high-quality post-secondary education to students from across Canada and around the world.

To ensure that all Conestoga students receive quality learning opportunities, the College maintains a careful balance of enrolment across our program offerings. Our programs are very popular and in high demand. As a result, they fill quickly.

Unfortunately, your program is now at capacity and for this reason, we are unable to continue to hold your place in the program. Our records indicate that you paid tuition prior to the June 15th deadline.

For this reason, we are pleased to provide you with a $1,000 dollar credit towards your tuition for any inconvenience this may cause in your study plan. This credit is available to you if you continue your studies at Conestoga in an alternate program in September OR if you defer to an available program in January 2022.

We are pleased to offer you an alternate program selection for September. The following programs remain open at this time and admission is available on a first come, first served basis.
Please respond to this email no later than June 28th.

#1455 Business Development and Sales (Doon campus)
#0722 Business - Insurance (Doon campus)
#1527 Enterprise Content Management (Doon campus)
#1519 Financial Technology (Doon campus)
#1053 Human Services Foundation (Brantford campus)
#1205 Media Foundations (Doon campus)
#11651 Personal Support Worker International (Doon campus)
#1325 Process Quality Engineering (Doon and Waterloo campuses)
#1509 Quality Assurance - Manufacturing and Management (Doon and Waterloo campuses)
#1517 Reporting Systems Development (Waterloo campus)
#1301 Sustainable Business Management (Brantford and Doon campuses)
#1515 Virtual Reality Production (Doon campus)

Alternatively, you may wish to consider deferring to one of the available January 2022 programs: https://international.conestogac.on.ca/programs (filter by start date). Deferrals should be requested directly on the OCAS portal.

The admissions team is committed to work with you as you explore your options and we hope that you will continue to your educational journey with Conestoga College.

If you have further questions or require additional information, please contact internationaloffice@conestogac.on.ca

maisonmaibs

Jun 22, 2021
Hello everyone, Im in the same boat with you guys in terms of this catastrophe that Conestoga has allowed to unfold. Its almost a joke. I wanted to know if anyone was aware of this happening in the past or if the college has had a history of doing such.
I also paid all my fees on time for this Fall semester but was seemingly misled into beleiving that my position was secured on the program this whole time.
My course is already closed for Jan 2022 international intakes, which is hillarious because the collage is the reason I didnt manage to meet the deadline.

Id appreciate any info you guys come up with in your journeys through this situation.
I emailed the college on sunday and theyre still stone cold silent, they seem to always be inundated with communications.