+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overall processing time once you submit the peq?

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hello guys! I am now finishing my study in concordia undergrad and planning to apply for peq.
I have taken french courses in order to meet the requirements(up to fran306), but based on everyone's experience, i am not hoping for the best (no interview).
My question is, once i submit my application, lets say at 1st of May, when will i be called for the interview (roughly)? If interview is all good, how long will it take for me to be approved and be able to apply for federal PR? I know it takes 13 months from the application of PR.
If the best case happens, no interview that is, how long will it be??

Thank you so much for your words.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello guys! I am now finishing my study in concordia undergrad and planning to apply for peq.
I have taken french courses in order to meet the requirements(up to fran306), but based on everyone's experience, i am not hoping for the best (no interview).
My question is, once i submit my application, lets say at 1st of May, when will i be called for the interview (roughly)? If interview is all good, how long will it take for me to be approved and be able to apply for federal PR? I know it takes 13 months from the application of PR.

Too many questions, I will try to answer a few.

Getting an interview letter depends on your nationality. If you are Asian/Middle Eastern then very high probability. On the same note Midi picks up randomly 1 in 100 from other nationality to showcase their non-discriminatory outlook.

If you are from the target group/unlucky one then you may get interview letter in 2-3 weeks. All the process till refusal/approval might take upto 3 months minimum.

PR for inland is taking close to 2 years because of backlog and quota reduction.

Hope this helps

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW

@Immstu has clearly given you the real scenario in Quebec. I wonder why you were not aware of Quebec's shitty immigration process while you were doing your studies at Concordia. Even if you are in PEQ category, your application will be backlogged at Federal stage and treated the same as regular skilled worker. In addition to that, from this year onwards, the CAQ govt. has cut down the intake quotas by 20%. So there will be additional delays than the current delay of 20 months. The only hope is that inland applicants might get processed faster than outland.

Last edited:
Reactions: Immstu

MH91

Apr 12, 2019
I did my studies at concordia as well
They took 5 months to inform that I have an interview (after tons of follow ups)
Passed the interview on sep 2017
Applied pr after I got PEQ on oct 2017
Till today they didnt took their final decision
Best of luck

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
I did my studies at concordia as well
They took 5 months to inform that I have an interview (after tons of follow ups)
Passed the interview on sep 2017
Applied pr after I got PEQ on oct 2017
Till today they didnt took their final decision
Best of luck
Thank you for your timeline. "They" means federal or QC? It must be so frustrating for you do go thru that. It is also to me to think that this is going to happen to me.

MH91

Apr 12, 2019
They means QC and yea unfortunately expect the max duration to get.
These days both QC and Federal are late

ambertone

Aug 30, 2021
I filed in Feb 2021 and the processing time is now 27 months. There is no expectation it will become easier. And surprisingly showing a high level of French proficiency doesn’t help at all (that’s my mother tongue). At the federal level, express entry and many other programs get it in approx 6 months. Good luck.