+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

over 65 retired documenting volunteering in work history?

delray

Jan 21, 2013
I do not see any info on retired citizenship applicants. would like to start a thread with any experiences encountered.

I am 66 having been retired for the last 4 yrs, I only have employment record for the first two years part time. Since retirement I have volunteered frequently as ESL teacher, also activities assistant at residence for disabled , growing chefs school program, plus volunteer at numerous festivals.
How will I document all of this under Work and Education History , I assume?
Directions say do not leave out any time ,so between volunteer jobs do I declare these dates between volunteering and specify retired?

I have 1700 days of physical presence in last 6 yrs with all my boarding passes and flights documented for time away and made sure I got stamps in my US passport upon entry into US and Canada. My mother is 94 and I have made 10 trips to her in Florida over past 6 yrs as I am only child and have relocated her into assisted living. I see in forum discussions that frequent trips to US is a red flag leading to RQ, any thoughts?.
On the physical presence calculator should I explain about 94 yr old mother as there is a lot of room for explanation?

In addresses in last 6 years should I only list Canada addresses or do I also list my mother's address for each of my 10 visits. of anywhere between 10 and as much as 133days when I moved her from her apartment into senior's living facility?

I got my PR card without any problem never had RQ with the same frequent visits to my mother in Canada. But perhaps citizenship is more difficult. I could forego citizenship but as I get eldely, might not be able to go thru all the paperwork to renew pr every 5 yrs.

At least over 65 I don't have to do citizenship test!!