+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outside of Canada after send my application

Can-Da

Apr 13, 2018
Hello to everyone,
I applied for citizenship grant in April 2018, AOR 8 June 2018, IP 20 June 2018.
I moved out of Canada in 26 August for one year to far country because I obtained one year contract as visiting professor. Before I was a lecturer in Canada and it is so hard to obtain a good job with my ph-d. Recently, I received an invitation to appear to the test on 31 October 2018. I found someone to replace me during my trip to Canada and I bought tickets for me and my wife to return to Canada to do the test.
I will leave Canada 5 November 2018
I have an urgent question: because the price of ticket is very expensive from the country where I am actually and It is very hard to obtain an authorization from my job, I am asking if it is a good idea to send a webform to IRCC to ask them if it is possible to do my oath in the week of 31 October to 5 November 2018?

Thank you

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Guess you can always try but doubt immigration will be sympathetic to someone living out of Canada through choice and was always going to be one of the risks that you would need to come back at various stages.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363&top=
Also, some offices give test invite before background check is completed, which means there could be still months before the process is done and impossible to do oath just a few days after

Can-Da

Apr 13, 2018
Also, some offices give test invite before background check is completed, which means there could be still months before the process is done and impossible to do oath just a few days after
Thank you for your response