+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outside Canada In Japan Spouse Sponsorship

starrbeam

Sep 2, 2015
Hello! I am in the process of filling out my application to sponsor my japanese husband..and omg so many papers! I am in a whirlwind here.

anyway. I am not working right now since i just gave birth to our now 3 month old son, but my husband is working. if i send in the paperwork with his salary am i able to still sponsor him?

also i am now in the process of applying for our sons canadian citizenship. do i still put him as a dependent on the paperwork for my husband?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
starrbeam said:
anyway. I am not working right now since i just gave birth to our now 3 month old son, but my husband is working. if i send in the paperwork with his salary am i able to still sponsor him?
There is no income requirement to sponsor your spouse, so putting his salary or current job info is not really required.
However CIC will want to see a plan on how you intend to support yourselves after moving to Canada, so for this it's good to write a financial plan for yourselves. And for this it would help to indicate your spouse will help to support the family and what kind of job/salary he expects to get in Canada.

also i am now in the process of applying for our sons canadian citizenship. do i still put him as a dependent on the paperwork for my husband?
No, he's already a citizen so he is NOT listed as a dependent. He doesn't need to do medical or submit any photos. He's just listed on the "other family info" sheet where you list brothers and sisters.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent couples of docs to prove our daughter's canadian citizenship ( born in S. korea)

I sent her birth certificate from hospital ( in English ) and receipt of citizenship application( from Canadian Embassy in S. korea)

it was not necessary but we sent it anyway and they return all of her papers when I got COPR.