+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OUTLAND VISA

vig123

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Hey guys,

I am a Canadian PR and got married recently in India. What are the chances of getting my wife to Canada?How does the outland visa work and can it be processed in India too? What are the documents required for the process?

Responses will be appreciated!

Thank you !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,

I am a Canadian PR and got married recently in India. What are the chances of getting my wife to Canada?How does the outland visa work and can it be processed in India too? What are the documents required for the process?

Responses will be appreciated!

Thank you !
You need to be living in Canada to apply to sponsor your wife for PR. You cannot apply while outside of Canada.

If your wife can get a TRV and come to Canada, you can sponsor her inland. Otherwise you have to sponsor her outland. Process information is here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

vig123

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
You need to be living in Canada to apply to sponsor your wife for PR. You cannot apply while outside of Canada.

If your wife can get a TRV and come to Canada, you can sponsor her inland. Otherwise you have to sponsor her outland. Process information is here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html
Thanks Syclla, but in the meanwhile the application is in process, can my wife get temporary visa or tourist visa for Canada and can I take vacation and leave Canada while the outland application is in process or do I need to be i Canada the whole time until the application gets approved?

Please advise!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks Syclla, but in the meanwhile the application is in process, can my wife get temporary visa or tourist visa for Canada and can I take vacation and leave Canada while the outland application is in process or do I need to be i Canada the whole time until the application gets approved?

Please advise!
Your wife can apply for a TRV - but there's probably only around a 50% chance it will be approved. You can take vacations outside of Canada - however you should not be away formore than 2-3 weeks and you don't want to take too many of them. You need to be spending the majority of your time in Canada. Otherwise IRCC will say that you no longer meet the requirements to sponsor your spouse. Yes - you need to be living in Canada and spending the majority of your time in Canada from the time the application is submitted to the time the application is approved.

vig123

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Your wife can apply for a TRV - but there's probably only around a 50% chance it will be approved. You can take vacations outside of Canada - however you should not be away formore than 2-3 weeks and you don't want to take too many of them. You need to be spending the majority of your time in Canada. Otherwise IRCC will say that you no longer meet the requirements to sponsor your spouse. Yes - you need to be living in Canada and spending the majority of your time in Canada from the time the application is submitted to the time the application is approved.
ok thanks for the information Syclla. And also can we hire a consultant/ lawyer in India for the outland visa process or does that have to be done in Canada only?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ok thanks for the information Syclla. And also can we hire a consultant/ lawyer in India for the outland visa process or does that have to be done in Canada only?
You can hire whoever you want to. If you want to hire someone - recommend that it be an immigration lawyer in Canada. There have been some bad experiences with consultants here.

vig123

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
You can hire whoever you want to. If you want to hire someone - recommend that it be an immigration lawyer in Canada. There have been some bad experiences with consultants here.
ohok thank you so much syclla !