+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland USA sponsorship

Avm8588

Jan 13, 2019
Hi friends!

Is anyone doing an Outland sponsorship from US that could help me please? We are just beginning the process and I have a couple questions. I am sponsoring my spouse. I am a Canadian citizen and he is a USA citizen. We also have a son, born in USA.

A) should I apply for my son to get citizenship?
B) how am I supposed to fill out financial sponsorship page when we are living in USA and my husband makes more than me?
C) do I pay the full amount for all the fees upfront or do they ask for them as they process things?

Thank you so so so much to whomever responds!

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
Hi friends!

Is anyone doing an Outland sponsorship from US that could help me please? We are just beginning the process and I have a couple questions. I am sponsoring my spouse. I am a Canadian citizen and he is a USA citizen. We also have a son, born in USA.

A) should I apply for my son to get citizenship?
B) how am I supposed to fill out financial sponsorship page when we are living in USA and my husband makes more than me?
C) do I pay the full amount for all the fees upfront or do they ask for them as they process things?

Thank you so so so much to whomever responds!
Yes, you should get your son's citizenship. He will not need to be sponsored.

There are no minimum financial requirements for spousal sponsorship, so it doesn't matter who makes more. You just have to be able to show that you can financially support yourselves and that you won't go on social assistance. If you are living in the US, be prepared to show your intent to move back to Canada if the application is approved.

You can pay everything upfront or you can hold off on paying the right of permanent residence fee and they will ask for that later.