+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland USA - Question on duplicate proof documents

kroovy

Apr 18, 2013
Hi All,

I am doing an Outland application while in Canada. I am from the USA, my wife is Canadian. While filling out the form, Ive found that it asks for some duplicate documents. Example, IMM 5490 asks for photos for proof of the relationship, as well as proof of methods of contact, visits to sponsor, etc. And then at the end of the application in the Immigration Guide for USA question 10 (proof of relationship to sponsor), it asks for all the same documents again! I already have about 50 pages of stuff included with IMM 5490 so do I need to print them all again? Can I just put one page that says something like "Please reference the documents included with IMM 5490"?

Any help on this will be much appreciated!

Thank you

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
You can reference joint support documents, you don't need to duplicate them. Some things will be unique to each side, like proof of visits to each other, other things such as photos will be joint.

BossJosh

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah the guy above is correct, that's what i did. I made a tittle cover page saying that certain sections of the official document checklist will count as proof for both of us. For instance proof of communication, marriage license, was referenced as proof for i and my wife respectively. If referenced properly there is nothing that you have to duplicate at all, but make sure that you clarify which proof is for both of yal.

Oh and don't stress on how to organize it, what i did was organize it exactly how the document checklist is organized. I got these post it note tabs that i stuck to the side of the pages, and wrote down the number corresponding to the section of the document checklist. For instance i wrote the number 14 and 25 on a note tab and stuck it on the side of my actual marriage license, for checklist sections proof of MR (14) and proof of relationship (25). When my app was completed, it was organized by numerical sections directly insync with the document checklist, and it looked pretty cool too. Hope this helps.