+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spouse + Dependent Sponsorship

thamarai68

May 23, 2021
Hello Everyone
I do not see a separate thread for spousal and dependent sponsorship, so creating a new thread here.
I am preparing my sponsorship application for my wife and daughter (less than 18 years of age) and I recently learned from this forum that it is sufficient to include the dependent child within the spousal application as per IMM 5533 document checklist. My concern is that there is very little documentation been requested for the dependent child (who is not the principal applicant) such as a birth certificate, Passport, and photo.
Is that all required along with the necessary fee for a dependent child? Anyone else applied in the same category (spouse + dependent child, with spouse as principal applicant) outland sponsorship, would really appreciate your inputs here. Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am preparing my sponsorship application for my wife and daughter (less than 18 years of age) and I recently learned from this forum that it is sufficient to include the dependent child within the spousal application as per IMM 5533 document checklist. My concern is that there is very little documentation been requested for the dependent child (who is not the principal applicant) such as a birth certificate, Passport, and photo.
Is that all required along with the necessary fee for a dependent child?
Yes, for children, the amount of documentation is mainly proving identity and the family relationship. Is that what you mean?

thamarai68

May 23, 2021
Yes, for children, the amount of documentation is mainly proving identity and the family relationship. Is that what you mean?
Yeah basically. By family relationship, all we have is my daughter's birth certificate that will show my name and my wife's name as parents there. Is that all sufficient?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yeah basically. By family relationship, all we have is my daughter's birth certificate that will show my name and my wife's name as parents there. Is that all sufficient?
It should be unless they ask for more. Do check the instructions carefully, but for natural born children (i.e. not adopted) of parent-applicant and sponsor, it's not that complex. Again, unless i'm missing something about your question.

thamarai68

May 23, 2021
It should be unless they ask for more. Do check the instructions carefully, but for natural born children (i.e. not adopted) of parent-applicant and sponsor, it's not that complex. Again, unless i'm missing something about your question.
Nope, you got it right. I thoroughly checked the document checklist form, and they did not ask any other specific documents for natural born dependent. Thanks

dhang729

Aug 5, 2014
You should be fine. In some cases (rare I think) they may ask for more information.

Good luck.
Hello. Im planning to sponsor my spouse and my dependent child from a previous partner. Could i be able to do this in one application with my spouse as the principal applicant? Note my dependent child is not a child of my spouse. Thank you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello. Im planning to sponsor my spouse and my dependent child from a previous partner. Could i be able to do this in one application with my spouse as the principal applicant? Note my dependent child is not a child of my spouse. Thank you
You've asked the same question in multiple threads and ignored answers.