+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland spouse Application, have not received my AOR

Abigael Yaya

Jan 4, 2018
I sent my spouse sponsorship application since October 2017, when I called the cic last week they told me that they could not find any email with my application yet I submitted it. so they sent me a confirmation letter by mail since Dec 21 but up to now I haven't got any mail from post. I am getting confused please advise me on what to do.
I also tried to link my application online but it was saying no information recorded blablabla....
Now am stucked I don't know what to do. Any advice please!

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
Did you use a courier to send your application? If you have a tracking number then you should know the date CIC received the package. Normally the AOR1 notifications come out anytime between 2 weeks and 6 weeks in general. Back in April, we received our AOR1 in just under a month.

You said October 2017. It may be that CIC has a HUGE workload because of the changes to the rules to apply for citizenship that happened that month. In October and November 2017 they received almost 6x the amount of applications they normally do. So it could be your timeline will be lengthened due to sheer numbers CIC is dealing with currently.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadian-citizenship-increase-changes-1.4456879

The other possibility is that your application was incomplete and they are in the process of sending it back to you. They do not issue AOR1 until they have a complete application. It's an anxious time for sure between mailing it in and getting AOR1.

Abigael Yaya

Jan 4, 2018
Did you use a courier to send your application? If you have a tracking number then you should know the date CIC received the package. Normally the AOR1 notifications come out anytime between 2 weeks and 6 weeks in general. Back in April, we received our AOR1 in just under a month.

You said October 2017. It may be that CIC has a HUGE workload because of the changes to the rules to apply for citizenship that happened that month. In October and November 2017 they received almost 6x the amount of applications they normally do. So it could be your timeline will be lengthened due to sheer numbers CIC is dealing with currently.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadian-citizenship-increase-changes-1.4456879

The other possibility is that your application was incomplete and they are in the process of sending it back to you. They do not issue AOR1 until they have a complete application. It's an anxious time for sure between mailing it in and getting AOR1.
My dear, I sent

Abigael Yaya

Jan 4, 2018
My dear, I sent
Thanks for your reply my dear, but I sent paper work and everything was okay according to the immigration agent. She told me that my application is in process and the mail was sent since 21 Dec, that is my worry because I have not received it yet. I gave her my email address so she could send me the copy of the letter but she refused.