AOR Received.
05-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
I have a question which I haven't found answers on the forum as of yet - if anybody is aware, please redirect me to the post.

My husband has a daughter which is not accompanying him to Canada - she will stay with her birth mother. However, as we know, CIC requested the medical. In this situation, the birth mother is difficult and tries to do anything she can to make my husband's life complicated. She will not let the daughter have the medical examination. He has tried and asked her, but she refuses.

Is there anybody who has had this situation? Can I ask, if so, what information did you include? He has asked several times but she will stop him from seeing the child if he continues to ask. Is a letter of explanation sufficient in anybody else's experience? The daughter never lived with him, he has no legal custody - child always has lived with mother, he never lived with them. Any suggestions would be so helpful, just nervous that this will bog down the process.

Thanks!

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I have a question which I haven't found answers on the forum as of yet - if anybody is aware, please redirect me to the post.

My husband has a daughter which is not accompanying him to Canada - she will stay with her birth mother. However, as we know, CIC requested the medical. In this situation, the birth mother is difficult and tries to do anything she can to make my husband's life complicated. She will not let the daughter have the medical examination. He has tried and asked her, but she refuses.

Is there anybody who has had this situation? Can I ask, if so, what information did you include? He has asked several times but she will stop him from seeing the child if he continues to ask. Is a letter of explanation sufficient in anybody else's experience? The daughter never lived with him, he has no legal custody - child always has lived with mother, he never lived with them. Any suggestions would be so helpful, just nervous that this will bog down the process.

Thanks!
Yes, you need to provide an explanation letter in detail to list what your husband had tried, but no prevail, and also provide all related evidences. You also need to let your husband know that if his daughter didn't go through the medical exam, she will be excluded forever as his family member, and he cannot sponsor her forever to Canada.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

Thanks!
How old is the child? Excluding a child is easier if they are almost up to the max age of dependent (under 22).

If something were to ever happen to the mother, your husband is ok with the fact he will never be able to sponsor the child to Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks!
This situation is common enough. Your husband needs to document his ex's refusal and needs to submit a notarized declaration stating that he understands that the child will be excluded from the Family Class and therefore he will never be able to sponsor her.