+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal Sponsorship 2016- still waiting! anyone else?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017

DAbughalioun

Jun 26, 2017
Have you ordered your GCMS notes....to have some idea as to what are some of the concerns and comments by IRCC related to your case.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

How to make a request under the Access to Information Act
I have them, of course everything is at CBSA and “In Process”!. I learned that anyone who put in before Dec 1, 2016 id considered in the “old program” because they started the new one in Dec and those sponsored spouses are already here so under the old program it’s, “we will get to you when we do”!. It’s ridiculous

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
I have them, of course everything is at CBSA and “In Process”!. I learned that anyone who put in before Dec 1, 2016 id considered in the “old program” because they started the new one in Dec and those sponsored spouses are already here so under the old program it’s, “we will get to you when we do”!. It’s ridiculous
Where are you applying from......which VO is processing your application ?

Processing time for those who applied before Dec 7th, 2016 for some VO could take more than 12months.

Check application processing times

DAbughalioun

Jun 26, 2017
Where are you applying from......which VO is processing your application ?

Processing time for those who applied before Dec 7th, 2016 for some VO could take more than 12months.

Check application processing times
Our VO is Kiev, Ukraine. My husband is a PR of Ukraine but from another country. Our file was strong with all and more put in and we knew what they wanted so provided it so they didn’t have to chase is for additions. Our i terview was great and our VOfficer was amazing and supported us and we even determined that CIC had given us false information as to where our file was. We had it transferred from one embassy to Kiev and she confirmed they lied to us and she felt sorry that our file sat on someones desk for just over a year and only came to her 3 days before our interview and they told us time and again that it was there! Finally when I wrote a scathing letter to immigration minister and Trudeau, the very next day we were sent an email and asked for the interview. I have sent many letters to Trudeau and Hussen and have even gone to Hussen’s office in Toronto, and they don’t give a care! June 15 and we will be 24months! 2years! This is insane for a sponsorship! So Angry!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Our VO is Kiev, Ukraine. My husband is a PR of Ukraine but from another country. Our file was strong with all and more put in and we knew what they wanted so provided it so they didn’t have to chase is for additions. Our i terview was great and our VOfficer was amazing and supported us and we even determined that CIC had given us false information as to where our file was. We had it transferred from one embassy to Kiev and she confirmed they lied to us and she felt sorry that our file sat on someones desk for just over a year and only came to her 3 days before our interview and they told us time and again that it was there! Finally when I wrote a scathing letter to immigration minister and Trudeau, the very next day we were sent an email and asked for the interview. I have sent many letters to Trudeau and Hussen and have even gone to Hussen’s office in Toronto, and they don’t give a care! June 15 and we will be 24months! 2years! This is insane for a sponsorship! So Angry!
This is so surprising......i commend your patience......2 years waiting

Just checked the processing time for Spousal Sponsorship applications Submitted before December 7, 2016, processed through Ukraine.....on IRCC site......it says 9 months.....

Youry husband is a PR of Ukraine but from another country........what country is he from ?

DAbughalioun

Jun 26, 2017
This is so surprising......i commend your patience......2 years waiting

Just checked the processing time for Spousal Sponsorship applications Submitted before December 7, 2016, processed through Ukraine.....on IRCC site......it says 9 months.

Youry husband is a PR of Ukraine but from another country........what country is he from ?
He is from Palestine. But living almost 3 years now in Ukraine. All documents have been clear and Police checks clear and she even said because he has been in Ukraine now over 2 years, Police check from Ukraine was the one she needed most. So we gave her this etc, all good. He has never been in trouble any where!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
He is from Palestine. But living almost 3 years now in Ukraine. All documents have been clear and Police checks clear and she even said because he has been in Ukraine now over 2 years, Police check from Ukraine was the one she needed most. So we gave her this etc, all good. He has never been in trouble any where!
I think the background check might probably take awhile and with your file sitting on someones desk for just over a year with no action......i really commend your patience......never wish anyone should have to wait this long......but your story is an inspiration......i hope its approved soon so your family could be united..

Will advice if you don't hear from IRCC by June 15th........please contact the Minister of Immigration......you need consideration and approval.

Last edited:

DAbughalioun

Jun 26, 2017
I think his background check might probably take awhile and with your file sitting on someones desk for just over a year with no action......i really commend your patience......never wish anyone should have to wait this long......but your story is an inspiration......i hope its approved soon so your family could be united..

Will advice if you don't hear from IRCC by June 15th........please contact the Minister of Immigration......you need consideration and approval.
I have written to the minister a few times as well as Justin Trudeau and Ralph Goodale and always get the same reply of “thanks for writing” or “this is the process” blah blah blah. I know the process! My next move is Toronto Star. I have the name and contact info and I am getting all my ducks in a row and I will speak out and give all my info to whoever I have to. They will leave me no choice.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
I have written to the minister a few times as well as Justin Trudeau and Ralph Goodale and always get the same reply of “thanks for writing” or “this is the process” blah blah blah. I know the process! My next move is Toronto Star. I have the name and contact info and I am getting all my ducks in a row and I will speak out and give all my info to whoever I have to. They will leave me no choice.
Good.....wish they could just resolve your issue finally........Good Luck.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Thank you for listening. Have a great day!
Our application took 14 months to approve and I thought that was bad enough as they "forgot" to ask us for partner's RCMP fingerprint report and then when I asked them if they wanted it then they gave us a 4 month deadline to submit and even though we submitted the report 4 or 5 days later, they still made us wait out the 4 months before they looked at our file again. Our file was also transferred to another visa office to schedule an interview but luckily that visa office was fast. I understand your pain and your need to hassle them as it seems it's the only option you feel you have left in your power other than sitting around waiting for them to look at your file.
Good luck to you and keep the faith!

Reactions: fecharles

bbstar88

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
2 years waiting is long. But compared to other people. It's nothing. Some waited 3 years to get sponsorship. Another person I know took 11 years to get ppr.

maslah010

May 23, 2018
Hi
my sponsorship, the processing officer asked me to do DNA test, my wife and son hv already taken the test and the DNA lab said that they contacted the embassy. but i hv not got an update from embassy and i hv 20 days more to get appointment and take the test and upload the DNA report in IRCC account. i am worried about the the time constrains. should i not be?

Tine2015

Oct 31, 2017
Our application will be 3 years in july and still waiting!!! Our re medical is expiring this june. Our lawyer sent an email informing them that our 2nd medical is expiring but the only reply we got is our application is qued for review by an officer. So so so so frustrating!!!!