28-03-2018
Med's Done....
04-04-2018
Hi Everyone

1. Application received: March 2018
2. Got AOR1, SA
3. Medical done submitted and received
4. Case transfered to LVO
5. ECAS status: background check in process (been 2 months)
6. Waiting for decision made and PPR

Current situation: My wife is 2 months pregnant, due in Feb 2019 and medical done before pregnancy

Best Scenario # 1: If she get the visa by Nov, might manage to land and get the OHIP by the time of the delivery

Worst Scenario # 2: If the visa will be delayed, then she will have to deliver the new baby in our home country.

Scenario # 3: if she get the visa right before due date which is Feb 2019 and land in canada

What are the consequences if I do;

1. inform LVO prior to PPR about my wife's pregnancy,

2. or wait till she receives her PPR then inform them?

3. Or wait until she delivers then Inform them?

4. Or if she get the visa right before due date which is Feb 2019 and land in canada, will there be any problem at canadian immigration border agency ?

I don't want delay our process at this stage, at the same time I would like to know what are my options

Any help or feedback on this subject is highly appreciated

Regards
Muhammad
Timeline in signature

pawaria

Feb 5, 2018
I would wait till condition is changed and then inform IRCC about the change in condition. You may inform them now but I believe it would change anything as your conditions are still unchanged until baby is born.

Reactions: MuhammadS18

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
You are not required to notify IRCC until after the baby is born. Pregnancy has no impact on spousal sponsorship applications, so if you were to inform IRCC of the pregnancy, they would not do anything with the information (it would be useless to them). They only need to know about it if it will delay the medical exam, which in this case it did not. There will be no issue if she lands while pregnant.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
You are not required to inform IRCC of your spouse pregnancy.......however, if you choose to inform IRCC, you only need to update IMM5532E Q. #10.

If your spouse were to deliver your baby before the PR visa and COPR is issued.....you will need to add your newborn to the spousal sponsorship application.

HOW TO ADD A NEW BORN TO SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY

If your spouse were to deliver your baby after PR visa is issued but before landing as PR in Canada......you may consider if to delay her landing for a few more months to ask IRCC to update her COPR to include your newborn and issue PR visa to baby......or apply for TRV for newborn to enable baby accompany her to Canada.

If your spouse were to deliver your baby after PR visa and COPR is issued......you must inform IRCC of the newborn before she land as PR in Canada......as the Principal Applicant family composition has changed and IRCC must be aware of this change (IMM5406) before landing as PR.

Last edited:

MuhammadS18

Feb 9, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
04-04-2018
Thanks everyone for valuable support, much appreciated

Aiker

Jul 19, 2018
You are not required to inform IRCC of your spouse pregnancy.......however, if you choose to inform IRCC, you only need to update IMM5532E Q. #10.

If your spouse were to deliver your baby before the PR visa and COPR is issued.....you will need to add your newborn to the spousal sponsorship application.

HOW TO ADD A NEW BORN TO SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY

If your spouse were to deliver your baby after PR visa is issued but before landing as PR in Canada......you may consider if to delay her landing for a few more months to ask IRCC to update her COPR to include your newborn and issue PR visa to baby......or apply for TRV for newborn to enable baby accompany her to Canada.

If your spouse were to deliver your baby after PR visa and COPR is issued......you must inform IRCC of the newborn before she land as PR in Canada......as the Principal Applicant family composition has changed and IRCC must be aware of this change (IMM5406) before landing as PR.
Thanks for the explanation! What if she decides to deliver after landing in Canada, should IRCC be informed right after PRP email? I saw it’s written in PRP mail that you have to inform them about pregnancy. How this will affect your visa?
Thanks in advance

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Thanks for the explanation! What if she decides to deliver after landing in Canada, should IRCC be informed right after PRP email? I saw it’s written in PRP mail that you have to inform them about pregnancy. How this will affect your visa?
Thanks in advance
You are not required to inform IRCC of your spouse pregnancy... ...however, if you choose to inform IRCC, you only need to update IMM5532E Q. #10.......and must inform IRCC of any new baby birth before landing as PR in Canada.

There is no PPR email after landing as PR in Canada.....after landing as PR, the PR visa becomes invalid.....if your wife were to deliver after landing as PR in Canada, and if the baby is delivered in Canada, your newborn will be a Canadian citizen by birth.......if your wife were to deliver after landing as PR in Canada, and if the baby is born outside Canada......you will have to apply for sponsor the newborn to become PR in Canada.

Last edited:

Aiker

Jul 19, 2018
You are not required to inform IRCC of your spouse pregnancy... ...however, if you choose to inform IRCC, you only need to update IMM5532E Q. #10.......and must inform IRCC of any new baby birth before landing as PR in Canada.

There is no PPR email after landing as PR in Canada.....after landing as PR, the PR visa becomes invalid.....if your wife were to deliver after landing as PR in Canada, and if the baby is delivered in Canada, your newborn will be a Canadian citizen by birth.
Thanks!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If baby is born after landing, find out if your province has waiting period for provincial health coverage.
You may need to pay out of the pocket for cost of childbirth if the baby is born after landing but before the waiting period has reached.

Reactions: Aiker