+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

outland sponsorship

jaz13

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
hi there,

I have sponsored my husband that was here in canada first but then cuz he had to go back to india because his student permit was expiring. we hired a representative and did all the paperwork before he could leave canada. we applied in middle of July 2018 and my representative said we have to get a police clearance request done, even though he already sent it from india do I have to do one as well? from here how long will it take for him too come back now? please some advice would be very helpful i feel so hopeless and lonely.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
If there are no issues, the process is targeted to take around 12 months. If you are a citizen or a PR as the sponsor, you are not required to submit a police clearance certificate.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
i am a canadian citizen. what else is left after getting the police clearance?
The entirety of the process.

CIC must now review all the information you've submitted, do background checks, order medical exams, review medical exams, liaise with your spouse's home country and verify submitted information, and otherwise decide if your spouse is eligible for admission to Canada. It takes 12 months, more or less.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Also, verify with your representative that CIC received the police clearance that your husband submitted. If your representative says that CIC did not receive it, you must submit it again or else you will have issues.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Did you apply inland with an OWP app? If so, expect a refusal because he is no longer living in Canada.
If you applied inland in general, expect a general rejection because he's no longer in Canada, no matter what happens with the OWP.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
nono we applied outland cuz he was going back.
Then the only way he can get permission to work in Canada is the PR or some other economic immigration path. He is not eligible for an OWP if applying outland .

jaz13

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Oh ok makes sense! I got my AOR today, what happens after? Would the process still raw 12 months?

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Oh ok makes sense! I got my AOR today, what happens after? Would the process still raw 12 months?
I'll quote myself, again:

If there are no issues, the process is targeted to take around 12 months.
The target is for 80% of cases to take 12 months from date of receipt.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
As for what happens after - literally everything. All that AOR is, is an official acknowledgement that you have applied and that you aren't missing any forms. Medical checks, document checks, verification of information, background checks, interviews - all that comes next.