+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Sponsorship Online Application

a380vs787

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
I got my last document ready, checked everything 3 times and finally submitted my online app today! Aaaand, now I'm kicking myself because I realized my sponsor and I didn't print and sign forms IMM 1344 and IMM 5532. Honestly, it was so confusing to read "you don’t need to print them and sign by hand - you'll sign for everything electronically at the end" in so many places and then finally find the two exceptions when it was too late. I'm so annoyed with myself, as there's nothing to do but wait 2 months for IRCC to tell me I'm missing signatures and then resubmit my app then. Feels like I just flushed 2 months down the toilet. Oh well.
I have been through the same as well........took them another 3+mths to send me the AOR1 too.......and now I have been waiting for a month but still got no update for the next steps so far.

elijahovat

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-14
Doc's Request.
19-06-15
Med's Request
16-07-15
Med's Done....
21-07-15
Passport Req..
26-02-16
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-16
Hi guys i have a question. Has anyone applied a spouse work permit the same time when you submit the sponsership application? I know you will need a case number to apply for work permit so does this mean you need to wait for AOR to submit the application?
I have been reading about spouse work permit application but do not know how to proceed. please share more details if you have. Thank you

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Is it too early to ask what the timeline is for online PR apps from getting AOR to getting PPR request? Would anyone for even as approx?

jyothis890

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Hey All,

I got a question for all the members who have already submitted their application online, hopefully you can provide me some guidance.

I am debating on uploading supporting documents individually under provided categories or combining them in pdfs called for ex.

Sponsor's Last Name – First Name – Supporting Documents.pdf (PR Card, Proof of employment and recent NOA)
Principal App's Last Name – First Name – Identity Documents.pdf (Passport, Birth certificate, ID card)
Principal App's Last Name – First Name – Civil Status Documents.pdf (Original marriage certificate, translated marriage certificate)
Principal App's Last Name – First Name – Police Certificate.pdf (2 Police certificates)

and labeling every document properly inside each pdf. Also, thinking of adding a cover document called Supporting Documents for the sponsored person.pdf explaining under which pdf file can each document could be found under.

Has anybody tried it that way? Does it seems like good idea at all?...THOUGHTS?!? I realize online application are fairly new, so we may not have enough examples of this yet; but I thought I'd ask here any way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hi
I recently got my marriage certificate from India, but in that I did not add the Canadian address and passport number. Authorities mentioned NA in those two columns. Would this be a problem while submitting for spousal sponsorship.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
I have been reading about spouse work permit application but do not know how to proceed. please share more details if you have. Thank you
If you're asking about applying for an OWP with your spousal application you can only do that if you applied via the Inland route. There are Inland threads about that subject which might better serve to answer your questions since this is an Outland thread. Good luck!

Sparta02

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hope that works out for you. In our case (missing signatures), we just withdrew the application and will reapply shortly after.

On another note, has anyone actually tried digitally signing the forms (I know the pdfs are protected, but I found a way to "print" it as a normal PDF and affix my digital signature)?
Did you use Adobe Acrobat Pro or another software? Please detail how you put your signature electronically.

TIA.

amirg

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Hi,

I have a question regarding signed forms like 1344 or 5532...
I scanned these forms a few times with 400 dpi and 600 dpi. the size is higher than 4MB. one is 9MB and the other one is 10MB.

is there any size limitation for these forms?

Aman_142

Dec 6, 2021
hi i am looking to submit my online application today.
can i sign the final declaration on PA behalf, and submit application.
I am her representative too.

elijahovat

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-14
Doc's Request.
19-06-15
Med's Request
16-07-15
Med's Done....
21-07-15
Passport Req..
26-02-16
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-16
Hi

Although i applied for online application, i received an email with attached pdf from IRCC to link my paper application to IRCC online account. i have tried but not working. did any other person received this document and/or is it possible to link to an online account when i applied online already?

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi,

I have a question regarding signed forms like 1344 or 5532...
I scanned these forms a few times with 400 dpi and 600 dpi. the size is higher than 4MB. one is 9MB and the other one is 10MB.

is there any size limitation for these forms?
Yes, there is. If memory serves it is 4 MB per file. It is detailed in bold right in the explanation right above where you can upload additional files.

Goldenbasra

Sep 22, 2021
I registered it with my wife's email address. Since she's the PA and I am the sponsor.
Did you apply for the application yourself using her account? Did you also show the government you are her representative? I have yet to apply and im trying to gather information on how to start.
Or should my husband do the application himself. Im the sponsor and he is being sponsored, he is outsode canada

Hellhydra

Mar 29, 2021
Hello friends,
I am pr in canada and trying to sponsor my spouse for pr, just wandering if anyone can help me out to figure out from whose account I submit online application ? From my online account or my spouse have to create a new account l.
Thanks

minnie99

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Ontario
Did you use Adobe Acrobat Pro or another software? Please detail how you put your signature electronically.

TIA.
I downloaded a virtual printer which lets me "print" the file into another PDF file. However, according to IRCC this is not acceptable. You would need to print, sign, and scan.

Did you apply for the application yourself using her account? Did you also show the government you are her representative? I have yet to apply and im trying to gather information on how to start.
Or should my husband do the application himself. Im the sponsor and he is being sponsored, he is outsode canada
Hello friends,
I am pr in canada and trying to sponsor my spouse for pr, just wandering if anyone can help me out to figure out from whose account I submit online application ? From my online account or my spouse have to create a new account l.
Thanks
The account should be made by the person being sponsored (applicant).

Reactions: SLCtoYEG

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
I downloaded a virtual printer which lets me "print" the file into another PDF file. However, according to IRCC this is not acceptable. You would need to print, sign, and scan.

The account should be made by the person being sponsored (applicant).
Really? I am the sponsor and I made the account. Should I inform IRCC?

minnie99

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Ontario
Really? I am the sponsor and I made the account. Should I inform IRCC?
I believe so, the non-PR spouse is the one applying for PR. Likewise, if you notice, the forms that are to be signed only by the PA are to be filled in at the portal (as opposed to being uploaded). Meaning it is the PA who should be filling in the forms.

I believe you should resubmit the application