+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Sponsorship Online Application

akshay_vic

Oct 22, 2019
Thanks, Ricky. We will print and sign the forms.

What's the best way to sign and scan the forms if my spouse is in a different country, and I am in Canada? Should I ask her to print, sign, and courier the form? or is it okay for her to print, sign, scan, and email the form to me? Then I can print, sign, scan again, and then upload to the portal? Just trying to figure out the efficient way to do this.

What did you do, if you both were in different countries? Thanks!

---
By the way, I also came across the following official page that mentions the process regarding signatures.

New Permanent Residence Online Application Portal

Note that forms requiring a third-party signature (for example, family class sponsorship forms or other forms requiring a sponsor’s signature) must be printed and signed by hand by both the principal applicant and sponsor, then an electronic copy showing the signatures must be uploaded. The same applies to the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form (PDF, 2.2 MB).

Hope it helps anyone who has the same question.

Regards,
Akshay

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Thanks, Ricky. We will print and sign the forms.

What's the best way to sign and scan the forms if my spouse is in a different country, and I am in Canada? Should I ask her to print, sign, and courier the form? or is it okay for her to print, sign, scan, and email the form to me? Then I can print, sign, scan again, and then upload to the portal? Just trying to figure out the efficient way to do this.

What did you do, if you both were in different countries? Thanks!

---
By the way, I also came across the following official page that mentions the process regarding signatures.

New Permanent Residence Online Application Portal

Note that forms requiring a third-party signature (for example, family class sponsorship forms or other forms requiring a sponsor’s signature) must be printed and signed by hand by both the principal applicant and sponsor, then an electronic copy showing the signatures must be uploaded. The same applies to the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form (PDF, 2.2 MB).

Hope it helps anyone who has the same question.

Regards,
Akshay
Firstly, complete the form and print it as a PDF so that you don't have to validate it again and again or less probability you will mess with barcode data.
Once you have that PDF saved send it to your spouse.

Then, She can print it and sign it and scan it back.

After that, you should print the whole file and sign it and scan it.
Bingo!! now you have your document ready to be uploaded.

That's how I did it. This is the correct and quickest way to do it. It's also mentioned somewhere on the CIC website that It accepts scanned signatures. So you don't have to worry about it. Good luck!!

Reactions: Swappy

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
I just applied online a few hours ago. We signed 1344 and 5532 by hand (my husband signed those pages and sent them to me and I printed them and signed them and scanned them and uploaded them. I figure it couldn't hurt, based on people having different ideas of what to do.

Fingers crossed for a speedy application for us all!

Reactions: hibbsdibbs

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Did people upload a single photo for the principal applicant, or two? The online instructions say that only one photo is necessary, but the checklist says 2.

I realize that one should be sufficient, but some of the forms that explicitly state that NO signature is necessary if you submit it online, do in fact need to be signed, so I just want to be sure.

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Did people upload a single photo for the principal applicant, or two? The online instructions say that only one photo is necessary, but the checklist says 2.

I realize that one should be sufficient, but some of the forms that explicitly state that NO signature is necessary if you submit it online, do in fact need to be signed, so I just want to be sure.
You just need one photograph for online, but you have to make sure
The back of one photo must include:
  • the subject’s name and date of birth
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photograph was taken
So you will be uploading 2 photos , 1 of PA and 1 of back side of photo with above details.
The checklist is for paper application not for online. But still its useful and you have to upload it.

For signatures, it never hurts to do it rather than to not. Hope this helps, Good luck!!

yolower

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Hi All,
I am starting the application to sponsor my spouse outside Canada and I want to do it online. But on the application guide, it keeps saying that the documents need to be mailed to the Sydney Office. I made an account on the PR portal as well. The guide directs me to the instruction that it needs to be mailed to the Sydney office. So is the application online or paper-based or both?
Thanks

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Hi All,
I am starting the application to sponsor my spouse outside Canada and I want to do it online. But on the application guide, it keeps saying that the documents need to be mailed to the Sydney Office. I made an account on the PR portal as well. The guide directs me to the instruction that it needs to be mailed to the Sydney office. So is the application online or paper-based or both?
Thanks

The document checklist and guide are old ones from when there was only the option to do it on paper. Follow the rules and instructions, but just upload instead of mailing. Nothing has to be mailed in the online process :) (or at least not at this stage)

Reactions: hibbsdibbs

BarbieDoll777

Jun 30, 2021
Biometrics and Medical request received on the 16 and 17 of Nov. Applied online on the 27 Aug 2021 and got AOR on the the 5th of Nov.
Hi! Did you receive AOR and medical request letters via email you provided to create an online account or directly to the account?

norton

Jun 14, 2017
Hi! Any suggestions is appreciated. I am collecting the photos of my wedding and other outing pics just wondering

1) How do you guys submitted it online as a document or as a pdf (pdf blur the images)? i saw each file max 4mb allowed to upload. Also how you managed to write the Name and DOB on back of all photos. can we state it as general note at the start of the page.
2) Also the whatsapp conversation do copy paste text is still valid ? or screenshot is required.

norton

Jun 14, 2017
Hi! For the form imm5406 if the section is not applicable where can i enter it. There is no checkbox to tick when it is not applicable. Please help