+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Sponsorship Online Application

sm99

Jul 22, 2020
Hi Guys,
I am also planning to apply via the online portal sometime in mid Aug.
As mentioned in the earlier posts this is a pilot program and no one really knows about the process/timelines. Any thoughts if we can apply both paper based and online application at the same time?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Guys,
I am also planning to apply via the online portal sometime in mid Aug.
As mentioned in the earlier posts this is a pilot program and no one really knows about the process/timelines. Any thoughts if we can apply both paper based and online application at the same time?
It would be a bad idea to file two identical applications under the same sponsorship process.

Reactions: sm99

Premkumar165

Jan 23, 2020
I am getting married soon and would like to test out the pilot process. If there is a whatsapp group, please post it here, we can keep the ball rolling.

Constantine85

Aug 13, 2021
Hi

I(sponsor) and my wife(principal applicant) are putting together an application for Outland Spousal Sponsorship.

Has anyone tried out online application?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/how-to-apply-online.html

I want to give it a try, hoping that application might get processed faster since this is in testing phase!

Please let me know.
TIA!
Hi! I'll send out my online application for common-law sponsorship soon, too. I'm a bit confused about the signatures though. There are three Adobe PDFs that we have to upload: the checklist, IMM1344 and IMM5532 (the rest being web forms). However, I cannot sign IMM1344 and IMM5532 electronically. Did you find a way to sign them electronically or did you not sign them and just signed electronically in the portal?

Thanks so much!

sm99

Jul 22, 2020
Hi! I'll send out my online application for common-law sponsorship soon, too. I'm a bit confused about the signatures though. There are three Adobe PDFs that we have to upload: the checklist, IMM1344 and IMM5532 (the rest being web forms). However, I cannot sign IMM1344 and IMM5532 electronically. Did you find a way to sign them electronically or did you not sign them and just signed electronically in the portal?

Thanks so much!
We printed IMM1344 & 5532 signed it and then uploaded the scanned copy.

pls refer to the link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/how-to-apply-online.html

Reactions: Swappy

Constantine85

Aug 13, 2021
Thanks so much for your quick reply- very helpful! When did you send in your online application? Did they already get back to you?

Constantine85

Aug 13, 2021
Aug 15. No update so far
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, let's hope this new online application reduces waiting times :)

Btw, regarding required scans of things like the birth certificate and police certificate, did you have them notarized and then scan and upload them or did you just upload the scans like that?