+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Sponsorship Online Application

Encore

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Hey All,

I got a question for all the members who have already submitted their application online, hopefully you can provide me some guidance.

I am debating on uploading supporting documents individually under provided categories or combining them in pdfs called for ex.

Sponsor's Last Name – First Name – Supporting Documents.pdf (PR Card, Proof of employment and recent NOA)
Principal App's Last Name – First Name – Identity Documents.pdf (Passport, Birth certificate, ID card)
Principal App's Last Name – First Name – Civil Status Documents.pdf (Original marriage certificate, translated marriage certificate)
Principal App's Last Name – First Name – Police Certificate.pdf (2 Police certificates)

and labeling every document properly inside each pdf. Also, thinking of adding a cover document called Supporting Documents for the sponsored person.pdf explaining under which pdf file can each document could be found under.

Has anybody tried it that way? Does it seems like good idea at all?...THOUGHTS?!? I realize online application are fairly new, so we may not have enough examples of this yet; but I thought I'd ask here any way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Have you found any response to this? I find it strange that they will expect someone to upload each page of a document when you can just have the whole thing in one upload. So, if you have a 15 or 20 page document as source of income for example, you have to do every single one of them as separate files? If you were submitting a paper application will you not have had to clip different documents together for them to make sense when it gets to the officers reviewing the application?

Anyways, if anybody has any thoughts on this please share.

Last edited:

Encore

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
How did you reach this conclusion? Any official sources?
It seems to be what some have suggested here in response to a question that someone asked. I did not reach a conclusion. I am just asking what others think

CCTeheran

Jan 6, 2022
Barranquilla, Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Hi! Anyone here which visa office was Bogotá? It's been a while since I got news from my app (Canadian government)and I have never heard from them (Bogotá VO). Does anyone knows if it is normal? Or how much it usually takes? I am July 2021 applicant, I have not done medicals nor got police certificate yet

Anu.sha

Oct 16, 2021
Hey I have a question. I applied my PR using the online portal back in October 2021 but due to the missing signature, my file got rejected/returned and had to resubmit my file again in January 2022. Yesterday, I got an email from cic stating my file has been updated. When I logged into my account, the submission date automatically changed to Yesterday’s. Does anybody have any idea what that means? Is it a matter of concern?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hey I have a question. I applied my PR using the online portal back in October 2021 but due to the missing signature, my file got rejected/returned and had to resubmit my file again in January 2022. Yesterday, I got an email from cic stating my file has been updated. When I logged into my account, the submission date automatically changed to Yesterday’s. Does anybody have any idea what that means? Is it a matter of concern?
No exactly clear what happened in your case. But when a file is returned you lose your place in the line and you will be treated as a Jan 2022 applicant

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Good day everyone,

I am a little confused, and hope that you can help me out. I am Canadian and my spouse is from Ukraine, are applying outland and I am in Ukraine with my wife and son to try to keep them safe. The application is being fast tracked due to the war, but the online portals show contradictory information. When we go to the Application Status link, put in the UCI it says that biometrics has been requested. Yes indeed we did receive the request. When we log into the GCKey, it says this:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I have called IRCC and they say that yes the biometrics is requested, but do not have any info or a status update on what stage the application is at. We are planning on trying to leave for another country that has a VAC office this weekend, hopefully we can manage it safely. We voiced concerns over the safety risk associated with travel through Ukraine right now to IRCC. We told them that many people fleeing are being shot by tanks as they flee.

Can any of you from experience please provide some hints on:

1) if biometrics is required (we intend on providing them just to be safe, but good to know if the background check may be stalled because of it); and
2) what stage the application is at?

We had a request on the 9th to pay the RPRF which we did the same day, and uploaded the receipt into the portal. That is why the additional documents reflects "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded".

Thank you in advance for your input. We appreciate it.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am a little confused, and hope that you can help me out. I am Canadian and my spouse is from Ukraine, are applying outland and I am in Ukraine with my wife and son to try to keep them safe. The application is being fast tracked due to the war, but the online portals show contradictory information. When we go to the Application Status link, put in the UCI it says that biometrics has been requested. Yes indeed we did receive the request. When we log into the GCKey, it says this:
I have called IRCC and they say that yes the biometrics is requested, but do not have any info or a status update on what stage the application is at. We are planning on trying to leave for another country that has a VAC office this weekend, hopefully we can manage it safely. We voiced concerns over the safety risk associated with travel through Ukraine right now to IRCC. We told them that many people fleeing are being shot by tanks as they flee.

Can any of you from experience please provide some hints on:

1) if biometrics is required (we intend on providing them just to be safe, but good to know if the background check may be stalled because of it); and
2) what stage the application is at?

We had a request on the 9th to pay the RPRF which we did the same day, and uploaded the receipt into the portal. That is why the additional documents reflects "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded".

Thank you in advance for your input. We appreciate it.
Sorry ot hear you're in this situation. Keep safe.

1) Biometrics are required unless they're waiving the requirement for them specifically for Ukrainians right now. I've not heard of such but I'd not worry about biometrics as the immediate issue. My guess is that in some circumstances visa/consular officials may have the authority to waive biometrics, but do not count on this.
2) I would ignore and not pay much attention to the tracker except where it has specific instructions (usually that you would have received by email or through the gckey account). It won't help you to check that often and the info is not so useful on a day to day basis.

Does your spouse have a visa to Canada already? (Does your son/is he a citizen?). If so, there is no need to wait and you can get on a plane as soon as you are able. The PR process can be completed in Canada.

If she/they do not, I would also apply for a TRV (visitor visa) - the rest can be processed in Canada. TRV may come quicker.

In case you have not seen, here is the page for measures available to Ukrainians eg immediate family members of Canadian citizens:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/ukraine-measures.html

I don't see much concrete there. You can and should though contact Canadian embassies or consulates in the region when you get to safety outside of Ukraine.

When you travel / if you get to Poland: the Canadian Embassy to Ukraine has moved/has based at least some of its staff at Przemsyl, Poland, the city closest to the border on the main M11 road from Lviv (I think trains from Lviv also go there but not certain). I know that there is a large effort at that city's train station, and believe that some of the Embassy/consular staff are around - I'm sure there will be information there (the PM and other ministers just visited).

I have no idea what level of assistance they can provide there but trust they will try and at least will have some information.

Godspeed.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Thank you for the kind words of support. It is much appreciated. They do not have Visa's now, so I need to rely on the PR and will apply for a TRV. I do monitor that page for border information, but have found that the Ukraine border guard service has more information, and the USA Embassy provides better general expat support information.

One of my concerns is going to Europe where it costs considerably more, and then be stuck with high cost of living and cannot save money for the resettlement in Canada (ie clothing, etc). We have to leave with the clothing on our back, and I will have to ship my car back to Canada via probably Germany.

So we do not have any way of really knowing if after RPRF the wait will be one week or 6 months?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
They do not have Visa's now, so I need to rely on the PR and will apply for a TRV.
So we do not have any way of really knowing if after RPRF the wait will be one week or 6 months?
What do you mean when you say 'they do not have visa's now'? (A trv is a type of visa) I would still say apply for a TRV.

Given the priority they've given to PR apps for family members in Ukraine, no idea how long it might take. You didn't give much information about when you'd applied etc so impossible to say. Biometrics generally closer to start of application process.

You might also write to your MP. Although they are trying to speed things up at IRCC, nothing wrong with encouraging them through your democratic reps.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Thank you for the information. What I was getting at is they currently do not hold a TRV. The only thing that they have is a PR Application is progress.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for the information. What I was getting at is they currently do not hold a TRV. The only thing that they have is a PR Application is progress.
I don't know when you applied for the PR but judging by biometric request, not that long ago.

In this case, there is a pretty good chance a TRV would be approved more quickly, given the circumstances and announcements by government. They might really want to do this on an expedited basis. I'd both file online if you can and have/keep a physical copy of the applications. The things is - they want you and family and especially kid out of the danger zone (and if they can off to Canada) - a visa issued and you on a plane means less consular demands in a stressful environment.

And contact your MP's office.

Does the child have a canadian passport or citizenship?

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
I applied for my wife in Dec and got AOR 1 this month. How do I see the progress of the application. The online portal used to submit is still greyed out and cant view. Do I need to link the application to GC Key or the portal will give more information as it is available?