+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Sponsorship : Moving to Canada while application is processing.

missfickel

Jul 24, 2020
Both myself and my common-law partner live in the US currently. We have submitted our outland application and it should be received soon. I have a possible job opportunity back in Canada which would mean me moving back to Canada while our application is still processing. My partner who is American and I am sponsoring would stay in the US until we are approved, but will it mess up our application for me to move back to Canada early? I had to state on the application multiple times that I am living in the US with my partner which was true, so would I need to do anything if I moved early? Thank you for any thoughts on this!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Both myself and my common-law partner live in the US currently. We have submitted our outland application and it should be received soon. I have a possible job opportunity back in Canada which would mean me moving back to Canada while our application is still processing. My partner who is American and I am sponsoring would stay in the US until we are approved, but will it mess up our application for me to move back to Canada early? I had to state on the application multiple times that I am living in the US with my partner which was true, so would I need to do anything if I moved early? Thank you for any thoughts on this!
You can return to Canada. No issues.

Reactions: missfickel

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
It would also be beneficial if you did move back. It would simplify the portion of your app where it asks you for proof that you will move to CDA once the app is approved. Also where you will live, how you will support yourself and spouse etc. I imagine you have seen all those questions on the application?

missfickel

Jul 24, 2020
It would also be beneficial if you did move back. It would simplify the portion of your app where it asks you for proof that you will move to CDA once the app is approved. Also where you will live, how you will support yourself and spouse etc. I imagine you have seen all those questions on the application?
Thanks @Canada2020eh ! We already completed and mailed in the application so thats why I was concerned they might see it as a misrepresentation of our situation if I left now. It also doesn't help that the border is still closed which makes me anxious about not being able to visit him if I do go back. Crazy times!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Wouldn't be a problem at all but as you say going back there could be a challenge, you also would have to quarantine here and there if you went back. If you do come back to CDA send a web form to advise them of your change of address.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
Thanks @Canada2020eh ! We already completed and mailed in the application so thats why I was concerned they might see it as a misrepresentation of our situation if I left now. It also doesn't help that the border is still closed which makes me anxious about not being able to visit him if I do go back. Crazy times!
I'm facing the same situation. About to send off our application, and I want to go back early, but god... there will be no earthly way for us to visit each other, so I'm going to postpone that for a little bit at least.

Good luck!

missfickel

Jul 24, 2020
I'm facing the same situation. About to send off our application, and I want to go back early, but god... there will be no earthly way for us to visit each other, so I'm going to postpone that for a little bit at least.

Good luck!
I was considering the possibility of him applying for a temporary resident visa and coming with me. Obviously he wouldn't be able to work so thats the downside. I also don't know how that might affect our processing application. If anyone has advice for applying for a TRV I would love their thoughts!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I was considering the possibility of him applying for a temporary resident visa and coming with me. Obviously he wouldn't be able to work so thats the downside. I also don't know how that might affect our processing application. If anyone has advice for applying for a TRV I would love their thoughts!
Your husband doesn't need a TRV if he is an American citizen. He can come for 6 months without one.