+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Outland Sponsorship] ECAS Sponsorship Approval = DM but no SA letter yet

ChumbaShumba

Oct 4, 2021
Hi All,

I am the Sponsor and sponsoring my spouse who is in India. We see Decision Made on our sponsorship approval status in ECAS but its been more than 2 weeks that we haven't received the Sponsorship Approval letter from IRCC. The spouse has received medical request and medicals have been done as well. I am not able to understand what to make of the DM I see on the sponsorship approval status is it Approved/Rejected? Would IRCC even request medicals from the principal applicant if the sponsor was found ineligible. I selected to withdraw the application in IMM 1344 form if the sponsor eligibility fails and requested a refund of all the money as well. How should I interpret this situation?

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All,

I am the Sponsor and sponsoring my spouse who is in India. We see Decision Made on our sponsorship approval status in ECAS but its been more than 2 weeks that we haven't received the Sponsorship Approval letter from IRCC. The spouse has received medical request and medicals have been done as well. I am not able to understand what to make of the DM I see on the sponsorship approval status is it Approved/Rejected? Would IRCC even request medicals from the principal applicant if the sponsor was found ineligible. I selected to withdraw the application in IMM 1344 form if the sponsor eligibility fails and requested a refund of all the money as well. How should I interpret this situation?

Thanks
Sounds like you should just wait some.