+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Sponsorship and TRV

ahsin1

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Hello everyone

I need some advice. I have outland sponsorship application in process for my wife. Just got her TRV approved. She’s already done her Medical and Biometrics.

If she travels to Canada on TRV will she need to return to back home for visa stamping?

Also for landing at a POE to process her PR with CBSA?

What is the process for that if you are already inside Canada?

Thanks!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone

I need some advice. I have outland sponsorship application in process for my wife. Just got her TRV approved. She’s already done her Medical and Biometrics.

If she travels to Canada on TRV will she need to return to back home for visa stamping?

Also for landing at a POE to process her PR with CBSA?

What is the process for that if you are already inside Canada?

Thanks!!
She will only have to return if she needs an interview. She will either have to flagpole at the US border and make a landing appointment at the local immigration office.

ahsin1

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
The last step of Outland sponsorship is that applicant has to send their passport in to get the visa stamped Then they can travel to Canada. What will happen in my case?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The last step of Outland sponsorship is that applicant has to send their passport in to get the visa stamped Then they can travel to Canada. What will happen in my case?
You will get a COPR but if the person is already in Canada they don’t need a visa.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
She will send her passport to Ottawa for stamping.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You will get a COPR but if the person is already in Canada they don’t need a visa.
That is only true for inland applicants. OP's spouse applied outland and will be required to send her passport even if she is in Canada.

Reactions: k.h.p.