+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Sponsor and Applicant

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Hi, we are gathering our information to send for our Outland spousal visa. We are both in Australia, what types of things exactly should we send for proof we will be residing in Canada permanently? I cannot show proof of lease, job etc as I have no idea when we will be approved? Any help greatly appreciated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, we are gathering our information to send for our Outland spousal visa. We are both in Australia, what types of things exactly should we send for proof we will be residing in Canada permanently? I cannot show proof of lease, job etc as I have no idea when we will be approved? Any help greatly appreciated.
Anything regarding preps, even if they are preliminary - housing searches, job hunt, quotes from movers, preps for schooling or credentials for work, preps for children. For the citizen, can/will help to show maintenance of ties (bank accounts, savings, financial arrangements, professional ties, family/friends), etc. The other side is preps to depart - actually quitting employment, for example, or preps to dispose of / move assets. It may be marginally helpful to have a letter or two of support from family/friends in Canada about your plans to return and support they may provide. Concrete indication of where you expect to live and ties there may be helpful (compared to 'we plan to move to Canada.')

Since as you note the process can be long it is okay if some of these are only preliminary. But you may get asked later (and if the evidence is thin, probably will get asked later) for more evidence. So after you submit continue to make preps and accumulate more evidence - whatever you can, along the same lines as above. When they request more evidence of the citizen's intent-to-return they typically give thirty days to respond, so it's less of a panic if you prepare and collect info along the way.