+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Process! Help

Tigo Phil

Mar 12, 2018
Hey guys, me and my wife we are about to apply for Outland spouse sponsorship and I have a few questions about the process and I hope someone can help me...
1. I’m from an exempt-Visa country and I’m planning to visit my wife during the process, I have no intentions of working, just visiting her for a couple of months( knowing that I must respect the 6 months period )... my question is, imagine that I’m in Canada as a visitor and I receive my confirmation of PR, I need to leave Canada and re-enter as a PR but, do I need to do it in my country or can I go to USA and come back ?

2. This second question is about the medical exames... what time of the process they use to ask for medical exames? Do I need to do it in my country or can I do it in other country(Canada) even if I’m with a visitor status?

Any help is always welcome... thank youuuu

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hey guys, me and my wife we are about to apply for Outland spouse sponsorship and I have a few questions about the process and I hope someone can help me...
1. I’m from an exempt-Visa country and I’m planning to visit my wife during the process, I have no intentions of working, just visiting her for a couple of months( knowing that I must respect the 6 months period )... my question is, imagine that I’m in Canada as a visitor and I receive my confirmation of PR, I need to leave Canada and re-enter as a PR but, do I need to do it in my country or can I go to USA and come back ?

2. This second question is about the medical exames... what time of the process they use to ask for medical exames? Do I need to do it in my country or can I do it in other country(Canada) even if I’m with a visitor status?
1. You can cross the border and come back to activate the COPR (my husband is from Ireland and we crossed over the border and came back to activate COPR). I believe you can also make an appointment and land that way. Some borders are not overly friendly to those who cross the border to simply come right back in to "land". We had a negative experience doing it this way.
2. You can do the medical by any CIC panel approved physician, including in Canada if you are here at the time of the request.

Tigo Phil

Mar 12, 2018
Thank you kcward7 for your reply... so basically if I’m visiting Canada during the process and they ask me to do the exames I’m able to do it in Canada right ?
P.s. I know about the panel... just wasn’t sure if I would be able to do outside my country

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thank you kcward7 for your reply... so basically if I’m visiting Canada during the process and they ask me to do the exames I’m able to do it in Canada right ?
P.s. I know about the panel... just wasn’t sure if I would be able to do outside my country
Any panel approved physician. My husband was in Canada on a visitor visa and we did everything as you just explained above. It does not matter where it's done as long as it's done by a panel physician.

Tigo Phil

Mar 12, 2018
So, about your negative experience... what happened??? If you don’t wanna talk about it, it’s super ok!
And last question, don’t trying to abuse... as I told you I’m gonna go as a visitor and I’m not gonna work at all, I’m gonna respect all the rules... but I want to be there really for 6months and we have funds for that... are the officers gonna get picky against me or not trust in what I say ? What should I do ?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
So, about your negative experience... what happened??? If you don’t wanna talk about it, it’s super ok!
And last question, don’t trying to abuse... as I told you I’m gonna go as a visitor and I’m not gonna work at all, I’m gonna respect all the rules... but I want to be there really for 6months and we have funds for that... are the officers gonna get picky against me or not trust in what I say ? What should I do ?
You can read about my experience here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-experience-intimidating-and-nervewracking.533019/

I can't help you with the second question. My husband was already in Canada on a work permit when we applied for a visitor visa, so it's different from your situation. They are extremely picky about these things. It's important that they understand you are visiting only, not moving there (like if you show up at the border with all of your stuff, that's a red flag). If you're flying in, most people get a return ticket to demonstrate they are returning to their home country.

Tigo Phil

Mar 12, 2018
God, it must have been painful and stressful
But thanks for everything, how much information we achieve, it turns easier to know what to do in every situation...