+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland PR in progress - do I extend status before leaving Canada?

Mr.V

Feb 1, 2013
Hello,

I'm in the last few months' of an Outland PR application (spousal) via London VO. Until this point, I've been in Canada on an IEC visa, my 2nd and final one is expiring in November 2013.

Unfortunately, I don't think my PR will be finalised prior to my IEC running out - therefore I've conceded that I'll have to return to the UK to wait on my PR status - as I need to continue working in the mean time.

My question is - is it advisable, or even necessary for me to apply now (whilst in Canada) to extend my status as a visitor? The reason being that I'd like to have the option to return to Canada if needs be (having to leave my wife here.) but don't know if it makes much sense, perhaps I just need to wait until PR comes through and land with that in hand.

Perhaps someone has been in a similar situation and can advise, I'm a little weary of the process at this point so thinking is a little muddy!

Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Mr.V said:
My question is - is it advisable, or even necessary for me to apply now (whilst in Canada) to extend my status as a visitor? The reason being that I'd like to have the option to return to Canada if needs be (having to leave my wife here.) but don't know if it makes much sense, perhaps I just need to wait until PR comes through and land with that in hand.
Hi

You don't need to do anything to extend your status before you leave. You can re-enter Canada at any time as a visa-exempt visitor.