Outland Help (Quebec) Ivan / CanadianJeepGuy - I need you :P

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

I am back to ask some more questions - especially to Ivan and CanadianJeepGuy who are SO helpful and insightful! ;D

Tomorrow I am going to a friends house who has a printer lol to start at least organizing (like I said it will be outland, my BF will return to Albania, I will go back "finally" to Canada (I am in Greece).

Here are my questions:

1. I was reading HIS supporting documents needed : it reads " Identity and civil status docs, copies of passport". Since we will supply photocopies or scans - obviously-, do these need to be translated AND certified AND an affidavit?(his personal docs are in albanian)
IF SO - this means he will have them done IN Albania and I wait for him to mail them for me. Correct me if I am wrong ::)

2. The 8 "recent" photos, how long are they valid for? I was hoping we would take them in Greece before we parted ( I THINK somewhere I read they are good for 12mths? ::) ) so I can have those with me already and no MISTAKES will be made if he takes them in Albania.

3. The police reports from Greece and Albania I will have him do them as soon as I am sure we have all of the above and he mails everything to me, right?

***Let me tell you, we booked the medical in Greece next week with one of the 2 designated Doctors here... COST? 225 EUROS
..ouch ???

4. I will assume MY documents (everything I have is either French or English - Canadian born) do NOT have to be certified etc and photocopies or Scans are OK?

5. Last but not least, this is my plan (apart from all above). tomorrow I am going over to a friends who has a printer etc, from what I sort of understand, the application is done ELECTRONICALLY via their forms and WE ALSO print the forms AND SOME barcodes, so this is SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY / then PRINTED and ALSO mailed via Canada Post or Courrier?

Well if someone clears this up for me I can see how my day will work out tomorrow, I plan to, fill forms,PRINT them 2x, to have copies, organize Proof of relationship (photos, chats, mails and draft letters to be notarized from friends/family also) and have all this as a BASE, so when I get back to canada and he has ALL his docs ready, (depending on your confirmations for questions #1 and #2) THEN I do everything electronically, print and mail.

Please correct me if I am wrong etc, I don't see how I can do anything electronically without having all docs ready right? When we do the electronic part, do we also submit Supporting docs (passport pages, Id cards- his and mine SCANNED?) I guess I cannot validate with half the stuff available.. ??? again I am confused, I get the part of filling forms and mailing them, but I am all kookoo about the electronic part.

[size=10pt]Thanks again guys in advance[/size] :-* :-* :-* :-*
Kathy

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
1 - anything that is not in french or english needs to be translated. Official documents need to have a certified translation.
2 - pictures - there are not timeline as far as I can see - but if he takes the pictures now, and you send the application within a few weeks/month, then it's OK.
3 - Police certificates need to be included, and need to be less than 3 months old when they reach CIC. They should go with the original application.
4 - correct
5 - no - there is no electronic version. There is only a paper version: you print all the forms, the proofs, and submit everything (sponsor and applicants docs) to Mississauga. Then you wait :) and you will be given with the sponsor approval a file number, you can use that to check on the website where your application is at.

Good luck,
Sweden

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweden thank You!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Well yes there is a timeline, we've been together since 2006 (In Greece) and living together since 2007, We dont have "legal" documents (leases etc) proving that, everything was in my name, but I have LOTS of photos since then,travel tickets, chats, e-mail, mail HE has received at our address etc and of course I will need to have several notarized letters -for genuine Rel. proof- from what I understand OK.

So I dunno how I got this idea that there is something done online? (aka Validation etc...) once I tried to fill out some forms to have them ready, I saved them, but when printed no txt was there lol ( I did not click that validation thingy) I dont understand even what it really is, is it just a tool that double checks if your PDF file is properly filled? Where do these "barcodes" come along that everyone is talking about?

.......so do I handwrite all forms and mail with all docs, OR do I have to do smt "electronically" / validation/ barcodes which I do not understand AT ALL lol

Thanks AGAIN Sweden! :-*

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all again! Hope you all had a great weekend!

I am back, with more questions ??? :p

I need some specific -and confirmed answers on "Translations"

Let me refresh your memories- :p I will apply to sponsor common-law but everything (lease,bills, bank accounts) were under MY NAME. I have plenty of proof as far as photos(2006 to today), chats, emails, travel tickets w/ names along w/ coinciding photos are concerned and air mail sent from me to him during trips I took to Canada for Xmas/summer Holidays.

So whats is left you ask?

After going through lots of papers I've found,

I have :
1. letters he has received at these addresses
2. Government receipts and letters that were given to him in person (with the same addresses) when he would request various things at Govn offices.
3. An insurance claim he made after a road accident with our address (not on a vehicle that was his he was a passenger) where he got paid a sum. (this one is like 10 pages, is it ok to only have the one with address & official stamp translated?)
4. An affidavit signed/stamped by Police officials that stated he lived with me.(some govn official needed it)
5. The leases(2) (under my name) of where we have lived.

The question (pls be as specific as you can) FOR THE ABOVE: I want to provide them as supporting evidence of co-habitation, they are all in Greek, I'd like to have them translated ASAP (may cost me like 10 euros A PAGE :-[ ) [size=10pt]Please advise me, do I need to have them all translated AND CERTIFIED AND AFFIDAVIT?[/size] :-X

Other question: ::)
-I have his Birth Certificate (albanian)
-Family certificate (civil status = he is not married) (albanian)
-His father's death certificate (Albanian)
Again -Just would like to confirm that ALL 3 are necessary documents and once again they have to obviously be translated AND CERTIFIED AND AFFIDAVIT from the translator?

and last but not least: WHO can CERTIFY Copies? ??? I read an :-\, is a Lawyer considered an officer of the court? I cannot think of anyone else in Greece.

[size=10pt]THANK YOU all in advance!!!!!!!!!! [/size]:-* :-* :-*

Kathy

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MORENA75 said:
Sweden thank You!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Well yes there is a timeline, we've been together since 2006 (In Greece) and living together since 2007, We dont have "legal" documents (leases etc) proving that, everything was in my name, but I have LOTS of photos since then,travel tickets, chats, e-mail, mail HE has received at our address etc and of course I will need to have several notarized letters -for genuine Rel. proof- from what I understand OK.

So I dunno how I got this idea that there is something done online? (aka Validation etc...) once I tried to fill out some forms to have them ready, I saved them, but when printed no txt was there lol ( I did not click that validation thingy) I dont understand even what it really is, is it just a tool that double checks if your PDF file is properly filled? Where do these "barcodes" come along that everyone is talking about?

.......so do I handwrite all forms and mail with all docs, OR do I have to do smt "electronically" / validation/ barcodes which I do not understand AT ALL lol

Thanks AGAIN Sweden! :-*
for the forms, the best way is to print a version and hand-write everything, so you have all the information. Once you're ready, then type the information, validate the forms - that will create the bar codes - and print them. Some forms don't save all the info when you close them, so it's best to just have everything ready, and print it. The bar codes are compulsory - they allow CIC to scan the info into their system, rather than re-entering everyting. Hand-writing everything is not a good idea - it makes it more difficult for CIC to process your application.

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Sweden and thank You! :)

Thing is I did a "test" filling out forms electronically (saving them and printing too), some did not even require validation aka no barcodes showed up, is this normal?

Thx!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I'm not sure, but you can PM messenger. He's also from Greece and might have an idea. He's mailed in his wife's application already. I don't remember off the top of my head if she's Albanian, but I know she isn't Greek. (Macedonian keeps popping in my head... might be too much studying :p)

All of those things work fine for proof. You can also google "Cohabitation Agreement." Find a free one, fill it out, print, then sign and get notarized. Or use a "Roommate Agreement" so the same purpose - more or less to show that you live together.

I would also get the Statue of Common-Law relationship signed and notarized even if it's not required by your country instructions. CIC seems to like to ask for it anyway. Hopefully you have your letters attesting to the relationship as well. You can include more than 2 if you want.

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Amikety and thank you! ;D

His actual username is "messenger" ? :p I read that first sentence over and over wondering if somehow you forgot to add the username :p

BTW, a lawyer I know says she does translations, is this actually considered OK or do they need a ACCREDITED TRANSLATOR? I am not sure if she is....lol I will have to ask her. I am wondering if I should just take all the docs with me (Except his passport and ID card of course :p ) to Canada and have them done there, I really dont know the cost over there but here its REAL expensive :eek: :eek:

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
MORENA75 said:
Hello Sweden and thank You! :)

Thing is I did a "test" filling out forms electronically (saving them and printing too), some did not even require validation aka no barcodes showed up, is this normal?

Thx!
There's only two forms (one for the sponsor and the other for the applicant) that needs to be validated. IMM 0008 is one of them. IMM 1344 is the other.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MORENA75 said:
Hello all again! Hope you all had a great weekend!

I am back, with more questions ??? :p

I need some specific -and confirmed answers on "Translations"

Let me refresh your memories- :p I will apply to sponsor common-law but everything (lease,bills, bank accounts) were under MY NAME. I have plenty of proof as far as photos(2006 to today), chats, emails, travel tickets w/ names along w/ coinciding photos are concerned and air mail sent from me to him during trips I took to Canada for Xmas/summer Holidays.

So whats is left you ask?

After going through lots of papers I've found,

I have :
1. letters he has received at these addresses
2. Government receipts and letters that were given to him in person (with the same addresses) when he would request various things at Govn offices.
3. An insurance claim he made after a road accident with our address (not on a vehicle that was his he was a passenger) where he got paid a sum. (this one is like 10 pages, is it ok to only have the one with address & official stamp translated?)
4. An affidavit signed/stamped by Police officials that stated he lived with me.(some govn official needed it)
5. The leases(2) (under my name) of where we have lived.

The question (pls be as specific as you can) FOR THE ABOVE: I want to provide them as supporting evidence of co-habitation, they are all in Greek, I'd like to have them translated ASAP (may cost me like 10 euros A PAGE :-[ ) [size=10pt]Please advise me, do I need to have them all translated AND CERTIFIED AND AFFIDAVIT?[/size] :-X

Other question: ::)
-I have his Birth Certificate (albanian)
-Family certificate (civil status = he is not married) (albanian)
-His father's death certificate (Albanian)
Again -Just would like to confirm that ALL 3 are necessary documents and once again they have to obviously be translated AND CERTIFIED AND AFFIDAVIT from the translator?

and last but not least: WHO can CERTIFY Copies? ??? I read an :-\, is a Lawyer considered an officer of the court? I cannot think of anyone else in Greece.

[size=10pt]THANK YOU all in advance!!!!!!!!!! [/size]:-* :-* :-*

Kathy
each application is different. What is required is: certified translation for everything that is required ( and normally the check list has a precise list of things that are needed, and need an official translation). IN your case, as you don't have a lease, you should concentrate on getting a translation of things that could be equivalent to a lease. Not everything, but maybe the police declaration for example.
The proofs of relationship is different - most of it , you can translate yourself. But anything that is a legal document has to be legally translated.

for his documents: see the check list for your regional office, as each office is different. But if the birth certificate is required, then he will have to get a certified translation.

For his civil status, I don't know if it's a requirement for his region, same question for his father's death - not sure how that's relevant. But if it's required by your VO, then yes, legal translation.

For certified copies in Greece - I don't know. Ask somebody who speaks/reads/writes greek to do a google search, it's probably somewhere listed on the internet, and it varies country by country.
Sweden

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
MORENA75 said:
Hello Amikety and thank you! ;D

His actual username is "messenger" ? :p I read that first sentence over and over wondering if somehow you forgot to add the username :p

BTW, a lawyer I know says she does translations, is this actually considered OK or do they need a ACCREDITED TRANSLATOR? I am not sure if she is....lol I will have to ask her. I am wondering if I should just take all the docs with me (Except his passport and ID card of course :p ) to Canada and have them done there, I really dont know the cost over there but here its REAL expensive :eek: :eek:
Yup it is.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/messenger-u176509.html

You can tell he's Greek if you look at his profile ;)

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am Greek :p I have Googled but as we speak its 4am so I thought I'd ask around here.

I do have leases-past and present, but in my name, all the documents I mentioned below that are his- that all make reference to the addresses in both leases throughout the years ;)

The proof of relationship was just brought up by me to state my case as to what I have so far as proof, not regarding translations, that I know. :p

Thanks again! I will work on this tomorrow once Greece wakes up! :)

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TY again Amikety, I PM'd him :p

And thanks everyone for taking the time to reply to all my questions! :-*

Kathy

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I'm filling the Appl. to sponsor , Sponsorship Agreement & Undertaking IMM1344 now, question.

At the top it says : If you are found ineligible to sponsor:

1. withdraw sponsorship application -all proceedings will be refunded
-OR-
2.Proceed w/ the appl. for PR , fees will be retained.

Who chooses #2 if they cannot sponsor?
::) ::)

Mine will be for Quebec, I dont have a job yet (I'm going back this monday 20th May- I am a Canadian by birth) I will be staying with my dad, he can support me till I find a job no problem, and I can even get a letter from him. Theres no other reason I would be found ineligible...So I choose?? ::)