+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OUTLAND CL application/Can I visit my boyfriend?

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hi to you all,
In may I will complete 1 year of living with my boyfriend here in Canada. Then I will go back to Italy and start the application from there (my country of residence).
I wondered if it was a possibility to come to visit my boyfriend at least once without running into the risk of being rejected. I read different opinions about that, but how do they think you do not see each other for a period that could even reach the year (approx. time to process applications).

One more question: Am I supposed to start the application right away when I am in Italy?

I decided to apply from outland because after a year spent in Canada I have medical checks to be done, but most importantly i want to spend some time with my beloved ones and I also have some work related things to do in my country.

Cdnpr2017

Dec 31, 2016
Hi to you all,
In may I will complete 1 year of living with my boyfriend here in Canada. Then I will go back to Italy and start the application from there (my country of residence).
I wondered if it was a possibility to come to visit my boyfriend at least once without running into the risk of being rejected. I read different opinions about that, but how do they think you do not see each other for a period that could even reach the year (approx. time to process applications).

One more question: Am I supposed to start the application right away when I am in Italy?

I decided to apply from outland because after a year spent in Canada I have medical checks to be done, but most importantly i want to spend some time with my beloved ones and I also have some work related things to do in my country.
You should be fine! I have crossed the boarder from the USA multiple times while my outland app is processing. Just bring ties to your home country and have a return ticket!

Reactions: marnot

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
You should be fine! I have crossed the boarder from the USA multiple times while my outland app is processing. Just bring ties to your home country and have a return ticket!
Thanks! But what happened if while the application is being processed you are asked to add documents or do, for example, medical checks?? And you’re not in your home/residence country at that moment?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thanks! But what happened if while the application is being processed you are asked to add documents or do, for example, medical checks?? And you’re not in your home/residence country at that moment?
You do not need to be in your home country to do any of those things.

Cdnpr2017

Dec 31, 2016
I know for medicals you can get them done in Canada. I know this because I did!

Other documents I had to go home for