+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland application US husband - few questions and clarifications needed :)

M_iari

Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-02-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
Hello everyone!
my bf and I got married on December 30th 2013. We are now trying to fill all the forms and have a few questions. I tried to find the infos on the forum, alot of questions were answered (you are all so helpful!) but a few remain. He is american and im from Montreal and we are filing outland. Last week he sent in his FBI clearance.

1- We are a bit confused about the FBI clearance and the medical. I heard that it is possible to send them in after we send in the application? Or is that possible only for inland? If we have to wait for the security check do you know how long it takes for them to process them? Is it possible to send the application in with a proof of payment for the FBI and send the medical a few weeks after? It would save us alot of time if we could do that. Its my understanding that the first step is the sponsor evaluation so they would not need his fbi and medical info for the first month or so, am I ocrrect?

2-My husband lived in Mexico for 3 years so he needs to get a security check with Mexico also. on the CIC website it says that they will ask for it when they need it but would it be possible for us to ask for it right after we get our file # as to not as to make sure nothing gets delayed in our process?

3- I've been looking for an answer on the forum but im still not exactly sure. Since im from quebec we will need a CSQ from the quebec gouv, Do we ask for it before we send the CIC the application or we have to wait for the CIC to give us the ok and then file for the CSQ?

4- This might sound stupid but: how do we get the forms signed? should my husband sign and then post the forms for me to sign or can we get them faxed? do they need to be notarized since we are not physically in the same location? (he is working in Wyoming to pay for the application rigth now and I'm in school here)

5- Our relationship is well documented and I do not think that our case will raise any red flags since we have been trying to be together for the past 2 years (me moving in with him for a few months, him doing the same, meeting the family, friends, etc). However I read that it is a good idea to get statements from family and friends on the relationship. Are these really useful? Do we need to get them notarized or a simple hand writen letter signed would suffice?

Thank you so much for your answers :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

1. I would not recommend sending the app without the medical, big risk of a returned app and delays. You should be fine to send it without the FBI report; include the receipt copy and an additional page explaining that you've applied for it and will forward it on as soon as it arrives. Some people will tell you not to send it without the police certs but we did this (included the explanation letter) and had no issues.

2. For a person outside of Mexico, you don't send the police cert app directly to the Mexican authorities. You send it to the Canadian embassy in Mexico and then they forward the request to the Mexican authorities when they want to and send the results to your visa office. You could send it early but the embassy won't send it until they are ready to.

3. You apply without the CSQ. Once you receive sponsor approval, you use that to apply for the CSQ. See here http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/IMMIGRATE-SETTLE/sponsors-sponsored/apply/undertaking-application/index.html

4. They must be original signatures, no fax or email (though some people do cheat and fax/email the forms). You can fill them out and post them to him to sign and send back or he can fill them out, sign them and post them to you. They don't need to be notarized.

5. Letters are very good evidence and something I recommend every couple to include. The letters do not need to be notarized.

M_iari

Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-02-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
Thank you so much for the answers!

Also we were wondering for the relationship proofs, do we have to send the original boarding passes or a simple copy of them would be enough?

M_iari

Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-02-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
5. Letters are very good evidence and something I recommend every couple to include. The letters do not need to be notarized.
Would you have an example of statement from friends and family? how big do they need to be? Hand written or type and signed?

Thank you so much!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
A copy of the boarding passes is fine.

Have the people write their own letters, can be hand-written or typed. They don't have to make the letters super detailed; it should state their full name and contact details, how and when they met each of you, that you guys have been in a genuine and loving relationship since [date], maybe highlight a few times when they saw you guys together, like the wedding. Most of our letters weren't more than a paragraph or two.